Scotchguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotchguard

So....new to this forum, new to DS3's and just have a quick question.
    Ordered our DS3 from our local dealer and picking it up on Monday, they offered a scothguard (or something similar) deal (inside and out)
    Has any one gone for this, is it just a way of getting more $ from us?

Attached Files
    www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Originally posted by K6URF View Post
    So....new to this forum, new to DS3's and just have a quick question.
    Ordered our DS3 from our local dealer and picking it up on Monday, they offered a scothguard (or something similar) deal (inside and out)
    Has any one gone for this, is it just a way of getting more $ from us?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5118[/ATTACH]
    Don't waste your money on it. You can buy the stuff yourself for cheaper and more than likely do a better job.

Congrats on the purchase
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Agree give Scotchguard a miss. Expensive as well
      sigpic

Comment

hi welcome yes when i got my new Dstyle i had it done in side and out dealer done it as part of the deal i think it makes a difference easy to clean in side etc and looks after the out side, not got it on my racing as i did not have it from new
        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, thought as much besides we'll no doubt enjoy pampering it ourselves anyway!

Comment

You can pick up the Supagard kits of ebay for around £10 or auto glym lifeshine for about the same price.

When I was in car sales many years ago I sold these kits for £200-£300............

I still think you cant beat, using a claybar and then a good wax.
            Steve

http://www.ariesdrivingschool.co.uk

http://http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aries-Driving-School-Inverness/109591055776087

Comment

Originally posted by aries driving school View Post
              You can pick up the Supagard kits of ebay for around £10 or auto glym lifeshine for about the same price.

When I was in car sales many years ago I sold these kits for £200-£300............

I still think you cant beat, using a claybar and then a good wax.
              Can't beat the CliveP treatment. Money well spent.
              Last edited by BeefMasta; 10-01-2013, 21:57.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                Can't beat the CliveP treatment. Money well spent.
                Thanks Beefmasta!

Yes I agree these dealer applied products are a waste of money - they apply them way too quickly and often by the 'YTS' trainee (for those of you old enough to remember such a scheme!)...... in reality applied correctly they are not bad, but still the car needs to be fully prepped first, in my view that equals a correct machine treatment - which takes me 7-10 hours on a DS3...

This is what I did on Patrick's DS3 (and some others), it's just one of my passions that basically pays for itself, and of course I do official 'back to basics' training for Autobrite, but it's not what I do for a 'day job'.....

Here's a link to Beefmasta's enhancement detail I did - I'm fairly choke a bloke for when the days get longer, but if you're interested let me know...I also have links to my world on detailingworld and hace done some work for shows, etc - so if you're interested K6YRF let me know...
                http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...-THP155-(Pics)

Glad the days are starting to get longer, need to get my machines out!

And of course, any questions, just ask!
                Regards,
                Clive.
                CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Cheers Clive and others, I'll check those links now.

Comment

Working...
                  X