I've had the call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the call

Dealer called me to say my car's arrived.
    Trouble is that I may not be able to get to collect it till Monday.

Want it want it want it want it

Ah Not Long Now !

But Monday's So Far Away Considering It's There... =(

Comment

4 days, that's crazy demand it for friday haha,

Comment

Call in sick
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hah...I was working from home yesterday, so I have to be in the office today...and it's free beer night tonight in the office, so today's a write off.
          The dealer is on holiday tomorrow, but I'm going to see if I can persuade him to pop in.
          Saturday I can't do, and most of Sunday morning...not sure how long he's open till...

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPhil View Post
            .......and it's free beer night tonight in the office.......
            WTF!!

Wish I was working at your place!
            1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

What, you mean other companies don't have free beer each month, and then coffee and cakes on a Friday morning?

I'm staying put then.

Comment

Working in the construction industry (which is on it's knees by the way) the best we hope for is some stale sandwiches and soggy crisps left over from a meeting with 'The Client' and distributed to the plebs.
                1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
                  Working in the construction industry (which is on it's knees by the way) the best we hope for is some stale sandwiches and soggy crisps left over from a meeting with 'The Client' and distributed to the plebs.
                  At least you get the stale sardies and soggy crisps, we have a vending machine which teases us with wonderful chocolate delights but demends that you mortage off your house for the privilege!
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Things are definitely tougher, although the construction industry in London seems to be picking up again. There seem to be a lot of high profile building projects going on.

i'm in the travel industry...I thought we'd get his a lot worse in the recession, but it seems to be a case of 'Bugger it...can't afford to buy the new car now, let's go on holiday'.

We've cut right down on the perks here. The first year that I joined, the whole European operation decamped to Marrakesh for a week long freebie conference/morale boost/pissup/food poisoning exercise.

Comment

Well i am a low level sys admin for an Anti-Fraud company and i can say hand on heart we are making shit loads, although employees see 1/10 of it.

Our perks are endless supplies of fizzy drinks, and pizza day once a month.

Comment

We have breakfast provided for us friday morning and then sweeties bought for us to fill the afternoon. Not to mention the monthly tech-nights where we go go-karting, comedy nights, piss-ups in our lodge in Snowdon, etc..

On top of that, when the MD is in manchester (usually fortnightly) he takes everyone for a few bevvies at the end of work on friday.

I bloody love my company
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPhil View Post
                          Things are definitely tougher, although the construction industry in London seems to be picking up again. There seem to be a lot of high profile building projects going on.
                          The thing with the construction industry is that by the time you see things being built the design was done and finished months ago.

I work in construction design and there is very little going on.

The growth figure published yesterday of 0.4% that was better than expected was largely boosted by 4.0% growth (or was it 6.0?) in construction. With very little bulding coming through that may well change over the coming months and unless the other sectors perform well we could be down to no growth or even recession again if we can't ride on the back of construction.
                          1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Oh dear.

I feel a little squiify.

Several bottles of becks, then some proper ale with twigs and things.

Perhaps I ought not be in charge of a computer on a train...

Let's see how many of my fellow passengers want some youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-T View Post
                              T What Do You Do In The Construction Industry ?

Oh And Im Fortunate Enough To Be One Of The Cool People In The Meetings With Clients So I Get Fresh Sarnies

Business With Us Is Fantastic - If There's A KFC Going Up Near Any Of You Guys Or If You See One Going Up Somewhere - We're Building It + Im The 1 Surveying Them All... Me An The Colonel Are Best Mates :L

Comment

Working...
                              X