Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is it in the snow/ice?

Hi
    just wondering how is it in the snow/ice with the standard tyres?
    DS3 DSport 120 Blue HDI - Belle-ile Blue with Black Roof

Originally posted by cyclopops View Post
    Hi
    just wondering how is it in the snow/ice with the standard tyres?
    My THP handles in snow/ice pretty damn good, mainly due to the traction control

Edit: By this I mean not getting stuck on hills etc - it handles the same as any other car otherwise
    Last edited by x6411; 13-01-2013, 00:18.

Comment

Mine is arse. I blame the tyres, compared to some other cars I've driven it's only just better than my old 3 series, but that didn't have TC so I could just power through!!! It's OK going very slowly in a straight line but like any car not on winter tyres as soon as you try to slow down it all goes horribly wrong!
      '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
      '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
      'We do what we must, because we can.'
      Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Fun... Until like parafilm says you want to stop haha! The handbrake is a treat in the snow so easy to balance in a slide.... Apparently :rolleyes:

Comment

I thought my vti was pretty steady in the snow. Probably better than the civic I had before it. Got my THP now though, just need to remember to be a bit more gentle under foot when the snow comes! Funnily enough snow is forecast for tomorrow night up my way!

Comment

Thought mine was really good last time it snowed ..............back followed the front etc stop ok without the abs being too stupid tires on mine are 205.40.17 toyo proxes and they coped ok as well
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

The standard-fit (on the THP, anyway) Potenzas are a nightmare in the snow, especially if part-worn. Made worse by the fact that you can't fit snow chains on 17" rims. The Potenzas are so bad that I bought a spare set of 16" steelies with michelin tyres (not winter ones), and they're soooo much better in the snow (not bad the rest of the time, either!) and they take the snow chains, too.

Comment

My winter tyres are great

JB

Comment

Car has been ok in the light snow, but when it gets bad i turn to this!!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy23 View Post
                    Car has been ok in the light snow, but when it gets bad i turn to this!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5162[/ATTACH]
                    if you get a flat in that it's going to be a bitch to pump up
                    ron
                    have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                      if you get a flat in that it's going to be a bitch to pump up
                      ron
                      haha tell me about it, may need to call a few DS3 member to come pull me back ha, its happened before and to change the wheel on side of the road by yourself it is a pain in the arse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy23 View Post
                        haha tell me about it, may need to call a few DS3 member to come pull me back ha, its happened before and to change the wheel on side of the road by yourself it is a pain in the arse!!!
                        just love your avatar photo talk about little n large
                        ron
                        have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                          just love your avatar photo talk about little n large
                          ron
                          haha thanks Ron yeah sure is got to remember where i parked it incase i run over it!!

Comment

Snow socks work well for me for the last two winters

Comment

Remember it's not the car that is at fault rather your skills when handling snow driving.

Best advice I can give anybody, coming from spending 24 years in the north of Scotland, is to drive in snow like your in 'Bullet Time' (great Max Payne reference!) and slow everything down.

I drove a DS3 wearing Potz in 8 inches of snow and it was no bother what so ever as it's all about the technique
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X