No announcement yet.

how is it in the snow/ice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be rude but spinning the wheels to 'burn the ice' is a bad thing to do as you heat the tyre up and basically turn your tyre in a slick with the wet snow. You need better throttle control when driving on ice and deep snow, I try to imagine that the peddle is a like a live hand grenade and therefore touch it with kid gloves!

Again I'm not throwing rocks about but you don't need to spin wheels when dealing with snow.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
      Maybe you should wait a little longer until it's clear instead of trying to speed away then
      If I want to sit there for half an hour!!
      What's the point of having a nifty car then - to show off at Mac'Ds lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
        Not to be rude but spinning the wheels to 'burn the ice' is a bad thing to do as you heat the tyre up and basically turn your tyre in a slick with the wet snow. You need better throttle control when driving on ice and deep snow, I try to imagine that the peddle is a like a live hand grenade and therefore touch it with kid gloves!

Again I'm not throwing rocks about but you don't need to spin wheels when dealing with snow.
        Thanks for the advice, I drive using the clutch power and gravity to stop me with gentle breaking if needed.
        In the past when spinning it seemed like the ESP didnt help the situation. I certainly don't floor it.
        I have left it on this snow fall.

Ill go out on the motorbike instead LOL

Comment

Originally posted by beck_4ever View Post
          ...Ill go out on the motorbike instead LOL
          Hardcore! I used to be a winter rider up to the point where I watched myself stuff my leathers with newspaper to try and keep warm!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ok well pulled up on a hill handbrake on and it started to slide!!! had to take it off quick n put on the foot break. What fun!! Otherwise handles ok like any other car. More new snow here today.

Comment

Working...
            X