Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Car Security Camera

Hi All,

It’s just something i have been thinking about, soon I will have brand spanking new DS3 outside my house, and although I don’t live in a rough area, I do live on the outskirts of town where there is a lot of foot traffic and especially on weekend evenings. Again, the area is not known for its car crime but it has its moments, I’ve had my current car keyed.

One think that came to my mind was possibly fitting a security camera into the DS3 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and could point me in the right direction of any good websites etc.

Thanks
    Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

no but I'm thinking of doing the exact same would love to find out more information about this and if it a difficult job

Comment

3rd one looking for info!
      Someone will be along soon.
      Want mine more for on the move though.

JB

Comment

For on the move cams there are plenty of action cams can do some good video from windscreen mounts.

GoPro cams are the best but pricey.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I've done a bit of research, nothing too solid, to clarify, I just want a camera for whilst the car is stationary, not after a camera which films you driving.
          There's so many about ranging from 50 quid to a couple of 100, I'll keep looking. It will need to have a decent battery as it will run whilst the car is off. (unless you can still draw power from the cig lighter if the cars engine is off??)

I'll have a look at GoPro. Thanks
          Last edited by nufc_ds3; 15-01-2013, 20:14.

Comment

Daft question but wouldn't you be better off with a cam on your house ? that would cover all the car where as if your cam is pointed at say your drivers side and someone keyed the passenger side you'll never see them

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo260 View Post
              Daft question but wouldn't you be better off with a cam on your house ? that would cover all the car where as if your cam is pointed at say your drivers side and someone keyed the passenger side you'll never see them
              I live where there is only street parking, so no guarantee I will park in the same spot every day, I see your point though.

Comment

Contact your local police station and ask the question. You have to be very careful when videoing roads houses etc your entering covert surveillance territory because of privacy laws your neighbours could get the hump and you may need permission from the police to get one not sure. But they will know also just covers you coz yr neighbours might think your spying on them and the last thing you want is to get prosecuted although acting innocently.

Comment

From memory camera must not point at houses or front doors or windows or shops. Best to contact your local nick.

Comment

Working...
                  X