1,400 miles in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,400 miles in..

Ive started to get the death rattle. I loved feature on my old one (sarcasm) .. but its back with vengeance! The THP seems to rattle a lot louder! Its been mega cold lately, and at work when I start up to go home, I'm almost embarrassed when everyone else is doing the same parked next to me! :P

I have the newest car at work with the oldest sounding engine haha :P

I am put off by the remap with it developing. I just can't afford for it to go wrong and have no warranty!

Sad really...

Pains me to say this, but its making me want to look elsewhere for my fast frills.

Originally posted by abovethresh View Post
    Ive started to get the death rattle. I loved feature on my old one (sarcasm) .. but its back with vengeance! The THP seems to rattle a lot louder! Its been mega cold lately, and at work when I start up to go home, I'm almost embarrassed when everyone else is doing the same parked next to me! :P

I have the newest car at work with the oldest sounding engine haha :P

I am put off by the remap with it developing. I just can't afford for it to go wrong and have no warranty!

Sad really...

Pains me to say this, but its making me want to look elsewhere for my fast frills.
    no warranty on a brand new car?
    Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

There is..

If I remap it then there's a risk of no warranty.

I know there's so much stuff on here about it.. its amazing that its ment to be a characteristic of the engine and yet it sounds like damage is being done! haha

Comment

Thresh- theyd have to find the map and dont think they would
        You can have it taken off and put back on if you take the car in- but if youve broken down and can get it off- dont tell them

Ive had a rattly engine ever since i got it- not bad and just first 5 mins or so- I'm just past 19,000 miles and luvin it

Most people on here just report things that go wrong- thats normal behaviour, and they wanna find out whats wrong

But there are loads with no problems- or problems that are an easy fix- How new is your DS?

Go enjoy your car and get it mapped LOL
        Just dont shout about it on here
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

There is..

If I remap it then there's a risk of no warranty.

I know there's so much stuff on here about it.. its amazing that its ment to be a characteristic of the engine and yet it sounds like damage is being done! haha
          sorry, i misread.
          Hope you get your problem sorted soon.
          Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

My apologies CBLUE! I don't mean to annoy anyone on here! I think I have been scouring the forums to much for problems!

Comment

Thresh- you havent annoyed me at all, honest
              PM me if you like if you want me to go in more detail

There are people with problems - but many more without, that dont post they have no probs

I reckon theres about 8, maybe 10 THP 150 members on here had major probs. Not aware of ANY major probs on the THP 155 if thats what you have
              And maybe another 4 or 4 Racings

All cars get little problems, water pumps, solenoids, timing issues, and the older the THP the more likely an issue

I know a 2010 model THP with 40,000 miles that said theyd never had one problem (They were selling so they would wouldnt they LOL)

Thats outta 3000 members
              Try not get too paranoid bout the car (If i did id go nuts Ha!)

If you wanna remap- go for it. Your a long time pushing daisies:cool:
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers CBLUE! I agree with you totally. You got yours remapped or you not bothering? I have sorted out with SP tuning to hopefully do it next week.

Comment

Cheers CBLUE! I agree with you totally. You got yours remapped or you not bothering? I have sorted out with SP tuning to hopefully do it next week.
                  Post some pics of your power/torque increases when you've got it done

You've got a THP155 right?
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah, its a 62 plate with 1,400 miles on it. I think I would be the first one on here to have a protected ECU done.. correct me if I'm wrong though. I'll try and get some decent graph pics!

Comment

Yeah, its a 62 plate with 1,400 miles on it. I think I would be the first one on here to have a protected ECU done.. correct me if I'm wrong though. I'll try and get some decent graph pics!
                      Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be the first. Looking forward to your pics
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'm the same. 62 plate THP protected ECU I think. I'm too far away to go with SP so I requested info through the flash link on this site for the remap. I got a voice mail from them as they want to chat about it so I'll give them a call back tomorrow. Does anyone know exactly when the protection thing was first implemented? The reason I ask is that it was a car from stock so I dunno if it might have the old system.

Comment

It was changed 2012 year model. So basically a year ago.. you would have it unless yours was a 12 plate brought late 2011.

Comment

I'm getting mine done over the new two weeks so I'll gladly write up a little blog with pictures and let you know what gains I get..

Comment

Good stuff! Just wish that the SP guy Jamie wasn't a 4/5 hour drive from me. Going by what everyone says on here he must be the best!
                              Also, I just read a snippet from a c4 forum and a few folk were talking about remaps and they were saying that with the new systems the remap will be clearly visible AND that there are new rules that mean the car fails an MOT if there is any evidence of tampering/remapping. Is there any truth in this?

Comment

Working...
                              X