Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a Claudia Leather Interior today, plus my plans for discreet mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Claudia Leather Interior today, plus my plans for discreet mods.

Got myself a mint black Claudia Leather interior and matching doorcards from a DSport today at a breakers today for a tidy £400. (I was too poor to afford a DSport+ new).
    It was a tight squeeze getting it all in the back of my DS3, but we got there in the end. Smells lovely and sitting in the seats, they're a lot more supportive than the Rayados cloth ones in my Dstyle+, so I can't wait to get them fitted. I put my personal plate on the car and it looks so much better than the 62 reg.

One worrying thing though is that the crashed donor car had been in a front end crash and the institution told me that someone had purchased the complete rear of this car, as it had been neatly lopped off, so keep your wits about you as a DS3 out there somewhere could be a cut and shut.

Saw a few DS3s on the journey, notably a red with white roof with a reg like T8 BWB on trade plates in the rear window on the M1 southbound around Nottingham.

I will get some pictures up when it is done, snow, work, kids, wife permitting.

Mods so far...
    Personal plate.
    Sidelights enabled on ignition with DRLs. Dealer done FOC.
    Ring Fast Response Brake Light Bulbs.

Mods in progress
    Leather Interior to fit
    Pioneers 6400BT stereo to fit.
    Pioneer underseat Active Sub to fit.
    Dog Guard
    Complete Boot Liner to keep mucky dogs off the upholstery.
    Twin exhaust off Dsport

Mods planned.
    LED sidelights
    Osram Nightbreakers
    Air Induction kit if such a thing exists.

enough of my ramblings, got to get the kids in their jimjams...
    62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Nice one. WTF said she noticed a difference between the sport and style seats

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
      Got myself a mint black Claudia Leather interior and matching doorcards from a DSport today at a breakers today for a tidy £400. (I was too poor to afford a DSport+ new).
      It was a tight squeeze getting it all in the back of my DS3, but we got there in the end. Smells lovely and sitting in the seats, they're a lot more supportive than the Rayados cloth ones in my Dstyle+, so I can't wait to get them fitted.
      You won't regret it, I love my leather seats

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
      Nice one. WTF said she noticed a difference between the sport and style seats
      I didn't realise there was much of a difference between the models seats. Will have a look at the next meet.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Are the Ring RR bulbs any good?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          You won't regret it, I love my leather seats

I didn't realise there was much of a difference between the models seats. Will have a look at the next meet.
          The bolstering is quite different between the two seats.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Holski View Post
            Are the Ring RR bulbs any good?
            The bulbs aren't as instant as an LED bulb, but then again, I don't know as how you could compare them to normal stop and tail bulbs, suffice to say nobody has rear ended me yet. For £3 odd off ebay, who could argue though.
            When I fitted the bulbs, I noticed there is an extra stop and tail bulb in each cluster that doesn't seem to be in use, so I wonder if anyone knows what it's used for.

Re the seats, I guess they have to be modified to be heated, as I sat in them in my garage and they were sooooo cold, but snuggly if you know what I mean.

Would there be any point in doing a "How to change seats" thread when I swap them, or is it unlikely it would get any views? From my past experience on forums for modern cars, if anyone asked a technical question, the answer would be "Take it to the dealer", as owners didn't know the difference between a spanner and a screwdriver or tried to give the impression that money was no object.

Here's the seats....
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS...vip=true&rt=nc

Comment

Sure there is already a thread on here about changing seats plus a lot on whether heating can be added as the wiring is already there.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                Sure there is already a thread on here about changing seats plus a lot on whether heating can be added as the wiring is already there.

JB
                sweet, I'll start using the search button for what it's designed for.

Comment

WTF has removed and installed red d sport seats i believe

Comment

how to would be good for others, its really easy.

Disconnect air bag connections under fronts
                    Unbolt
                    Hoover
                    Put rears in
                    Reattach airbags - position covers
                    Bolt back in

Most fiddly bit was aligning the seats on the runners before bolting back in.

My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Dont forget also to unhook the negative battery lead and wait about 10-15 minutes.

Comment

And that!
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

And to make sure you double check you have the two front seats on the correct sides before tightening the bolts!*

*Did this 'goof' on a Pug 205 getting GTI6 seats...
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post

Most fiddly bit was aligning the seats on the runners before bolting back in.
                            Totally agree with that! I Had a nightmare getting mine aligned. each rail slides independently for some reason and makes it proper fiddly.

And yeah, removing the battery is the most important bit

Due to do it all again in the next month again to put the cloth back in and sell the leather. Not looking forward to it!

Comment

any photos of the seats?
                              Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Working...
                              X