X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Joy Just Hit The Curb

What a dick just hit the curb with the nearside rear wheel in the snow

Did not see the curb because the snow had covered it completely:mad:

At the end of the day it was my fault on a strange road hit it about 10 mph side on as it was jutting out now the car makes a droning noise from the rear

Looks like a garage job and maybe insurance claim:confused:as i have protected NCB all I can see is a smallish mark on the alloy .I have shook the wheel to see if it still attached lol and cannot get any play so ho hum
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Unlucky

Hope it doesn't cost too much to get it sorted.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

thts shame. no how u feel. droning doesnt sound awfuly good. tyre pressures ok ? otherwise as u say may have bent something underneath hope all works out.

Comment

Bad Luck,

More than likely just a refurb on the wheel - will be less than your insurance excess and I personally wouldn't use one of your protected no claims 'lives' for that, keep them in case you really need them, and it still means it's classed as an incident if you do claim then decide to shop around at renewal time - even a top quality wheel refurb should be no more than £75 ish...just sort it yourself....

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
          Bad Luck,

More than likely just a refurb on the wheel - will be less than your insurance excess and I personally wouldn't use one of your protected no claims 'lives' for that, keep them in case you really need them, and it still means it's classed as an incident if you do claim then decide to shop around at renewal time - even a top quality wheel refurb should be no more than £75 ish...just sort it yourself....

Regards,
          Clive.
          shame its happened heres hoping theres not alot of damage

as you all know did mine a couple of weeks back,the wheel was done by shadow racing like brand new for £75 with tyre back on and all balanced up very good job
          have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

slightly off topic but im borrowing a C4 from work and I took it into a wall after loosing grip round a mini roundabout. Luckily there isn't much damage as I was going slow, still not the best thing to happen.
            Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Bad Luck,

Regards,
              Clive.
              Hi Clive the marks on the wheel dont bother me its the droning noise that does with people in the back its louder but with all the snow cannot really determine what has happened .

Will still use it for work in the morning and then see ..............have notified my insurance but I am not sure what my excess is ??

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                Hi Clive the marks on the wheel dont bother me its the droning noise that does with people in the back its louder but with all the snow cannot really determine what has happened .

Will still use it for work in the morning and then see ..............have notified my insurance but I am not sure what my excess is ??

Another owner had ice forming inside the rim of the alloy wheel whilst parked up and this was the cause of the droning noise. Had the car been parked up for a couple of days before being used?

Wheel arch trim may have been dislodged and being rubbed by the tyre. Could be reason why louder with people in the back
                Last edited by AJ07; 20-01-2013, 22:09.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJ07 View Post
                  Another owner had ice forming inside the rim of the alloy wheel whilst parked up and this was the cause of the droning noise. Had the car been parked up for a couple of days before being used?

Wheel arch trim may have been dislodged and being rubbed by the tyre. Could be reason why louder with people in the back
                  Nah this was me hitting the curb side on that caused it ........................deep joy going into the dealer in the morning

Comment

Putting the car into the dealer to get fixed in the morning more money for being a dick

Comment

Hopefully everything works out for you.

I done the same thing about a week ago, but front passenger side. Mark on the alloy, and the suspension arm was bent. Cost me £143 all in inc tracking.

Just got it back, running as she should! Although I feel an awful lot less confident with driving in snow!

Hopefully it's only a curbed alloy to comprehend with.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrylJ View Post
                        Hopefully everything works out for you.

I done the same thing about a week ago, but front passenger side. Mark on the alloy, and the suspension arm was bent. Cost me £143 all in inc tracking.

Just got it back, running as she should! Although I feel an awful lot less confident with driving in snow!

Hopefully it's only a curbed alloy to comprehend with.
                        Rang the garage today and at the moment the damage is the wheel getting refurbed and they have done a 4 wheel alignment and that is all

I said what about the drumming noise like a bearing failed and the answer is ............could not do a proper road test coz of the snow when we get the wheel back (a week) we will give it a longer run .
                        But to me I dont think the wheel was bent and if so a refurb will not sort that out also the 4 wheel align is not going to cure the noise so have I fooked the hub and bearing or is there anything to bend on the rear .

Ohh well my insurance is paying so lets wait and see

Comment

even a top quality wheel refurb should be no more than £75 ish...just sort it yourself....

Regards,
                          Clive.
                          Hi Clive
                          Is there any where you'd recommend in Cambridge/Cambridgeshire?

Cheers
                          Mark
                          CCC Citroenian "New DS" columnist.
                          Catering for DS3, 4 & 5.

Comment

Shouldn't have informed the insurance... It's now down on file you've been involved in a road accident and you will need to declare this in future.

Comment

Originally posted by DickiJ View Post
                              Shouldn't have informed the insurance... It's now down on file you've been involved in a road accident and you will need to declare this in future.
                              Well had i small amount of luck with this one the garage cancelled the claim because it was not over the excess limit of £350 the bill came to £320.The insurance co was happy with this so it never went down as a claim

In the end I had a 4 wheel alignment ................wheel refurb............new wheel bearing and hire car for nearly 2 weeks and a total valet so this softened the blow a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X