Worrying! Finance concern!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worrying! Finance concern!

I traded in my dstyle plus for a dsport plus just before Xmas. Both are pcp deals. I got a call today along with a 7 day notice letter from the citroen finance company chasing my next payment for my old car. I've already started paying for the new one. The finance company said that my Citroën dealer hasn't paid off my old car and it's my problem because their contract is with me. They also said it is likely that this will show as a late or non payment on my credit file. Raging doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. I have a top notch credit rating and have never had a blemish on it for anything in my life!

I called my dealer to be told that basically they don't know what's happened. I've left it with them but already had a 2nd call harassing me for cash that now should have nothing to do with me!

Has anyone had any similar experiences and or advice?

Thanks

I had exactly the same type of thing and went ballistic at the dealers until they solved it.
    Basically I traded in a C4 Picasso and they agreed to settle the finance and take the balance as deposit.
    You guessed it - they never settled the finance.

Managed to get an admission in the end and cleared it with the finance BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO????

Threats seem to be the only thing to work, that and shouting in the middle of the stealers who has customers about

Good luck

JB

Comment

If they haven't paid it off then as the finance company says it's still yours, demand it back
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yes, I'll be phoning them again this morning. I think a complaint letter to Citroën is in order. It's such a pain in the back side and so infuriating.. I reckon they should be compensating me in some way as well!

Oh, and what makes it worse is that, when I picked my new car up, they said my old car was already sold!

Comment

Did the dealer tell you to stop the direct debit? It's the biggest mistake that people make when switching agreements.

For future reference leave your debit standing as once the main finance is settled any over payment you made is automatically credited back to your account, thus avoiding the 'missing' payment issue that you're having.

At the end of the day legally you are responsible to Citroen Finance for your agreement so the onus is you. Best thing to do is speak with the dealer and find out what date the cheque was sent and cashed by PSA as it could also be a problem at the finance company's end.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks bigfeet, yes he told me to cancel it. But only after my previous and final payment had been taken. I'll see what they say today. I've been backing everything up by emailing him at the dealership so I have a record of whats going on.
            I also asked him about my 3 year service card because I'd seen you talking about it on other threads and he assures me that I don't need a card. He says I'll automatically get the servicing. I'll be saving that email in case I need it come my first service.

Comment

Originally posted by OnkanOnkan View Post
              ...I also asked him about my 3 year service card because I'd seen you talking about it on other threads and he assures me that I don't need a card. He says I'll automatically get the servicing. I'll be saving that email in case I need it come my first service...
              Technically that's true because your contract is listed on a Citroen System, but the card takes at least eight weeks to arrive you give it a little more time and then contract Citroen who should send out another one for you.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
              X