ds3 1.6 ehdi is spluttering or chugging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds3 1.6 ehdi is spluttering or chugging

seems to lose power every now and then as if you have the speed limit or cruise control on when i dont??

has been happening a while but seems to be more frequent in the colder weather.

you can almost drive through the problem by putting yiur foot flat to the floor.

any help..... ??

What gear are you in and how fast are you going and does it do it when you first start up when the engine is cold
    E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
    Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

hi

i would say uts normally when yiu first start the car up.

usually in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears doing between 20 - 40 mph

if you put your toe right down you seem to be able to power through it????

Comment

mine 1.6 thp engine have the same problem. Dealers could not resolve it. It happens when first start in cold time after 5 minutes or so. Drive or just after 5 min warming up trying to start drive.

Engine runs on 2 strokes when accelerate and stay on 2 strokes , check engine light comes on. Arter restarting the engine the problem disappears.

1. Visit to dealer - We will try to rinse your engine with some "intelligent cleaning aerosol spray " from Citroen (costs about 100 pounds per 250 ml can) - thats on warranty , BUT after that we have to change the engine oil on your expenses. ( 80 pounds)

next day after servicing - first run - same problem

2. Visit to dealer - we will change the valve cover (top of the engine) because I complained about the leak of oil as well . They said thats will be the reason for loss of two strokes as well .... (wtf)

next day after servicing - first run - same problem

3. Visit to dealer - I left the car for a week or so , the answer was - we cant find anything.... after that they asked me - Will you by extended warranty for 500 pounds ?

That all took for me 2 months, because nothing needed for repair was in stock.

p.s. some citroen fan (my frend) said - don`t blame the citroen , thats the BMW engine ...
        Last edited by jeepis; 26-01-2013, 20:35.

Comment

The THP problems, Quite few have them and sounds like the dealer was more than half of yours. Thewildgoose has a diesel and that's different animal altogether. For the most part the citroen diesels are much more reliable engines.

Oh the THP was a joint venture. not just BMW or Citroen.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The more you seem to drive it, the problem seems to go away.

Do you think it's anything to worry about?

Comment

I had same problem, made a topic called lack of power
              MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Working...
              X