No announcement yet.

I want some fun in my 155 THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tell your friend that she was too poor to buy a 'real TT', she'll be so upset that the tears with cloud her vision and you'll win easy!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Dyu at 01.54pm
      im going to warm the engine up by driving 15nin and rag the crap of it.
      Originally posted by WTF View Post
      Have fun! Report back!
      He's not back yet. Must have broken it.

Comment

Well that was fun There was loads of traffic so i went down a 500metre dual carriage bit but i only managed 4300ish revs. Damn was that fun! Shame i caught up with the cars in front otherwise i could have revved it more. Definitely not regretting getting this over a BMW 120i M Sport Coupé.

Comment

Hey I gave mine the full range of revs when I felt like it from day one... modern cars don't need any running in, in fact I've heard it said it's better for the engine to give it a full range of revs to help it bed in... even if it does make a difference 100,000 miles down the road, do any of us keep them long enough to notice?

Enjoy it my friend!

Regards,
          Clive.
          CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
          DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Certainly enjoy yourself DYU.
            Only tip would be wait till the engines warm, or it'll be a bit twitchy, and doesn't do the turbo much good. Otherwise a good old blast will do it good IMO
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dyu View Post
              So i had my 155 THP for about 3 months now and its done 1550 miles. So far i haven't gone above 3500 rpms so that i can break it in a bit. It's that point in time where i think i want some fun with a smile and grin on my face. So the question is, how many revs do you guys take it to? The thing i don't want to bust or cause the engines problems by ragging it to 6000 revs.
              Whoa I've had mine 6 days with 210 miles on the clock and have gone way past 3500rpm.....

Think I got 3/4 of a mile on the first dual carriage way and had to floor it
              THP 155 DSport+ - POLAR WHITE WITH MOONSTONE ROOF

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X