• Show
Clear All

• What Car? 2013 Citroen DS3 Cabrio preview

Citroen UK just posted this on Facebook:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2013...preview/265183

• Private viewing of DS3 cabriolet
    • Rival to Fiat 500 and Mini open-tops
    • On sale in the spring

More than 10,000 Britons bought the funky Citroen DS3 supermini in the first half of 2012, and now the manufacturer hopes to tempt al fresco lovers with a new convertible version for 2013.

With the DS3 Cabrio, Citroen has its sights set on Fiat 500 and Mini open-top buyers, and it hopes to entice them with even more personalisation options, eye-catching kerb appeal, and an emphasis on fun and practicality.

The DS3 Cabrio’s boot is the biggest in class, and unlike many other convertibles, the roof can be operated at up to 74mph in 16 seconds — removing the risk of an unexpected soaking on the motorway.

If you're an open-top fan and think the DS3 Cabrio could be the car for you, then why not apply to join our exclusive preview at What Car?'s Teddington HQ on Tuesday, February 5.

Apply for your place by contacting us with the following details:
    • Your name
    • Your age
    • Your mobile phone number
    • What you do for a living
    • What car you currently drive
    • Where you’ll be travelling from on the day
    • Why you’re interested in previewing the new Citroen DS3 Cabrio
    • Where you first heard about this event (Twitter, Facebook, word of mouth, whatcar.com or elsewhere)
    Last edited by BeefMasta; 29-01-2013, 13:41. Reason: Added picture.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Seeeeeeeen it

Dealership near me is getting theirs this month, might pop in and have a proper snoop.

Still not convinced though.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

dont like it
      Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        Seeeeeeeen it

Dealership near me is getting theirs this month, might pop in and have a proper snoop.

Still not convinced though.
        Well get you!

I agree though, I'm still not sure if I like it or not.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Mmm it's not for me but I can see it appealing to the Fiat 500 crowd.... personally I would always rather own a DS3 than a 500.
          sigpic

Comment

Theres always someone who will lob a can o beer
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

We'll be getting our demo soon, not been told what is it but at a guess it will be a THP version fitted with leather.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I was going to comment on this on Facebook but I didn't think saying how hideous it is would go down well.
                May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                Instagram @adamds3

Comment

All you need is a can opener!
                  Not one for me

JB

Comment

See it in the flesh then make a decision. I for one love it. After all it looks exactly like the one I have and when the sun comes out I could just open the roof and enjoy the day.

Comment

First impression *hate it* but as Adi said will wait till I get a look at a real one before the final decision.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

had a min soft top but as we had 3 children and they were getting bigger it was no longer practical. So if this is a 5 seater soft and still a ds3 then I may need to forego other poss downsides. So unless hideous or the addittional price is prohibitive it may be a good solution for me!

Comment

Comment

I don't know how they can call cars like these cabrio because they arn't it's just a big sunroof. I wouldn't have one given and if i did i wouldn't drive it be up for sale lol
                            2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Still don't get the animosity from some people for a car that looks exactly like the one they are driving. It's only different when the roof starts working. It's a marmite thing I know but we love all DS3's and these will sell like hot cakes sorry.

Anyway I've been lucky enough to be invited down to What Car next week so will have another close look.

Comment

Working...
                              X