Diesel anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel anyone?

OK. So, got my new toy...probably won't need to fill it up for a while, but I thought I'd find out if anybody has any recommendations/preferences for diesel?
    supermarket ordinary?
    Shell Fuelsave?
    One of those ones that cleans?

bp ultimate - always ;-)
    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

that is until i can make my own when have the machine to do it ;o)

Comment

Somehow don't think my THP would appreciate being filled with diesel! When I ran my 500 diesel I always used BP Ultimate whenever possible and it did make a difference to both performance and economy.

Comment

Yeah BP Ultimate Makes A Noticable Difference !

DONT USE SUPERMARKET FUEL !

Comment

Shell fuel save and v power are both very good fuels. I have a astra I run on them. The car feels more pokey on premium fuel compared to super Market fuel. My remapped thp is always run on v power!

Comment

Just dont fill it fill 'shitty' city fuel from the super markets... putt putt bang lol It will clog up the dpf with lots of carbon and everything else!

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
                DONT USE SUPERMARKET FUEL !
                Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                Shell fuel save and v power are both very good fuels. I have a astra I run on them. The car feels more pokey on premium fuel compared to super Market fuel. My remapped thp is always run on v power!
                Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
                Just dont fill it fill 'shitty' city fuel from the super markets... putt putt bang lol It will clog up the dpf with lots of carbon and everything else!
                Seriously? I'm a Tesco filler all the way, it's right round the corner from me plus it's always cheaper. Is there really a big difference in that respect?

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                  Seriously? I'm a Tesco filler all the way, it's right round the corner from me plus it's always cheaper. Is there really a big difference in that respect?
                  Its cheaper for a reason ;-/ It has less combustion properties - less power and no cleaning properties = cheaper for that reason....

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                    Stand by the tanker loading bays on any refinery, as I often get the chance to do in my line of work, and you'll quickly come to the conclusion that the answer to that particular question is probably 'no.'
                    1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

There's very little difference between any of the diesel fuels on the forecourts. They all have to have a cetane (diesel equivalent of octane) rating within certain parameters and all have to have a minimum percentage of biofuel in them. The fuels all come from the same refineries. The stuff that goes into the Shell tanker might have a bit more detergent added, than say the stuff being loaded into the Tesco wagon next to it for example. Any additives are put in once in the tanker

The Ultimate stuff isn't worth it. I've never found it to make any difference to either performance or economy. Personally I tend to stick to Shell (because it's the local garage) with a shot of Millers Diesel Powersport 4 every other fill up. The Millers stuff really does make a difference and a bottle lasts ages. I've used this stuff for over a decade, and it did wonders for my ageing BX 1.9D! Really quietened it down, improved the economy and cut the smoke down too.

Comment

Woow amazing so many different Diesel types you have in the UK
                        Here in DK we have just one type af Diesel, no Bio Diesel, No cheap brand no nothing els than regular diesel on every fuel stations. hehe.

And what that about supermarket diesel ?? is that just diesel from a regular supermarket ?? sounds a bit crazy to go in and buy some milk, some bread and then 20liters of diesel, haha..

But yes allways use normal or Ultimate diesel, been to poland a lot and there cheap diesel are really some dirty piece of ******** know some mechanics down there and the tells people not to use it, cause yes, its cheap for a reason.

Comment

Red Diesel FTW !...

Comment

Originally posted by Eiken View Post
                            And what that about supermarket diesel ?? is that just diesel from a regular supermarket ?? sounds a bit crazy to go in and buy some milk, some bread and then 20liters of diesel, haha..

Haha, they don't mean it's a product you buy off the shelf. Most supermarkets now a days have petrol stations outside of them that sell their own "branded" fuel
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Haha, they don't mean it's a product you buy off the shelf. Most supermarkets now a days have petrol stations outside of them that sell their own "branded" fuel
                              Aarh that way, thats the same here in DK, though the fuelstations are there own brand, they are filled by Shell, Statoil ect. trucks, so its the same fuel as the big brands have. (some os them are even run by the big brands).

Comment

Working...
                              X