First Brand New Car - DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Brand New Car - DS3

So...we recently bought our DS3 Red, the first time we have bought brand new having usually bought a year or two old.

It got me wondering how many on here had a DS3 as their first brand new car?
    And why the DS3?
    Was it because of the attractive Citroen deals, good trade in or you simply fell for the DS3?
    www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Same for me too. First new car

Is was a combination of a few things really.
    There's not a lot else that offers the pace of the THP, the bells and whistles of the DSport+ and of course the awesome looks, all for a good price.

That all added to Citroen's great deals and I was sold.

Although the new Fiesta ST does look very tempting

Comment

WTF was my first new car.

Main reason, I liked the way it looked. I'm quite simple. Nothing else was factored in.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Let me reverse your question, why did you always buy year old cars?

Mind speaking with a customer who did this and telling me, very loudly I might add, that he would never buy an ex fleet or rental car - where did he think his one year old car was coming from!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
          There's not a lot else that offers the pace of the THP, the bells and whistles of the DSport+ and of course the awesome looks, all for a good price.
          This.

Also, had it for a rental a few times which totally sold it to me.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

personaly i would NEVER buy a brand new car for 2 reasons
            1. when you buy a brand new car, as soon as you drive away with it its now second hand and therefore you stand to loose quite a few bucks.
            2.IF there is going to be any problems it's usualy in the first year

but that is only my opinion

i have driven brand new cars and to be honest theres no difference between new and a 1 year old car
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

I stumbled across my first new citroen by accident, spent a day hunting around various garages, i.e ford, vauxhall, renault, etc etc...looking to trade in, nothing grabbed me, as we were about to go home my husband said lets look at citroen, I actually started laughing thought he was joking but went along with it, entered the showroom and that was it.. love.. lol. I bought a c4 loeb and kept it for three years until I saw the ds3 and had to have it..
              DS3 dstyle. White with bott blue spirit roof (2010)
              DS3 dstyle plus. Yellow and black. (2012)
              DS3 dstyle plus cabriolet. Ruby red and black (2013)

Comment

Mine was my first new car and ill be taking order of my 3rd Ds3 beginning of March first one I had somebody crashed into me and I'm now trading my vti in for a special edition red d sport plus
                "My wheels nuts require more torque than your Corsa makes"

Comment

Wahey, that's going to be a nice change from the vti!

Comment

My first new car after I crashed my citroen c2
                    I went to several garages like ford , peugeot, skoda etc, and after alot of driving around my dad said: hey look over there that citroen,
                    I was like yeah , it's actually quite nice, when I got inside I was in love immediatly
                    to be honest, I really wanna drive it as long as possible and after that I hope I can afford
                    a THP or even a Racing!
                    MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

This is my 2nd new car, before this I bought a year old 207 HDI 110 and before that was my very first new car a 207 GTI which i bought back end of 2007 and it was all bangers up to that.
                      2012 Dsport +, white with black roof. Stubby aerial, Alloy DS3 tax disc holder, Alloy black and silver dustcaps and 3D Gel carbon affect plates. Now with kawasaki green painted brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
                        Wahey, that's going to be a nice change from the vti!

I know I can't wait. Already been looking at forge goodies ha
                        "My wheels nuts require more torque than your Corsa makes"

Comment

Bought a new one. Just liked how it looked.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by DS3man STEVE View Post
                            personaly i would NEVER buy a brand new car for 2 reasons
                            1. when you buy a brand new car, as soon as you drive away with it its now second hand and therefore you stand to loose quite a few bucks.
                            2.IF there is going to be any problems it's usualy in the first year

but that is only my opinion

i have driven brand new cars and to be honest theres no difference between new and a 1 year old car
                            Fair opinions.

The value you lose in the first part is the VAT element which is not really anything you can do about, but always look at the buying cost of a new car - strongly recommend it as I have 6 month old demo which is impossible to sell as it's way cheaper to buy it new because of the new finance rate!
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Yep, and Ds3 is my first new car...
                              Old one was getting long in the tooth, so needed something newer, more efficient etc...
                              Looked at used cars around 2-3 years old, circa £10k... But finance deals weren't very attractive, and couldn't get a sensible rate on a personal loan..

So started looking new, test drove Ds3 and fell in love...
                              To top that the package was great... 3yrs servicing and roadside, deposit contrib, etc...
                              So in real terms its costing me 100pm less than the finance payment :-)

Wouldn't go 2nd hand again...

Gav

Comment

Working...
                              X