Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not quite the start to ownership we were looking for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite the start to ownership we were looking for...

So as some of you will have seen I picked up my wife's new car yesterday, a DS3 DSport Plus 155 THP. Its a 90 day old ex-demo with sub 1,000 miles on the clock. All was going well, my wife loved it and really liked driving it, the kids fitted in etc, so we had to pop out last night so took her car rather than mine. After a short drive to the shops we parked up back home where she locked it and the wing mirrors failed to fold. So we tried a few more times and nothing happened, so as it was dark and cold we left it to have a proper look this morning. I went out and tried both keys and the switch on the drivers door and the mirrors refuse to budge, you can hear the relay trip where the switch is but no folding of mirrors...

So called the dealer we picked it up from under 24hrs ago and after waiting for 2 hours for a call back agreed to take the car down to get it checked. They've now had a look and decided the control module has failed and they need to order a part in to replace it, I'm now waiting on details of when this might arrive, how long it'll take to fit and when they can do it. To say I am a little bit annoyed is a bit of an understatement...not exactly the ideal start to ownership and my experience of Citroen...

In defence of citroen (for a change).

I'm guessing all the things that stopped working were previously working when you bought the car? The dealership can't predict a hardware failure..

On the other hand, you did buy something French - You can't expect it to last that long (granted, one would hope they would for more than 1k miles )
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Can't see what is too bad to be honest?

Your car isn't new out of the factory with a fault and Citroen are repairing it?

Not shooting you down, jus' saying....
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

On delivery of my latest DS3 my drivers side mirror wouldn't adjust. I took it to my local dealers, who hadn't supplied the car, got it fixed when the new switch came. Hardly a case for a moan. They're sorting yours straight away so no probs.

Comment

yhe mirrors don't fold=> you have a button you can click down on the drivers door so that they don't fold in on purpose, maybe you did that on accident?
          MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

If thats your only problem for 3 years Jinxy- youll be a happy man!
            CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I would find it very annoying too, but at least citroen are fixing it. My first DS that I bought new a year ago had a problem two weeks after I picked it up. The wipers wouldn't turn off even when the car was locked! Took it back to the garage and they had to do a temporary solder and then replace the wiring loom. No further problems after that and it hasn't put me off buying another a couple of weeks ago. I call them Friday afternoon cars, workers rushing to finish them so they can start their weekends drinking!! Unfortunately these things happen but I do wish they wouldn't happen to me!

Comment

Its more the frustration that I've had the car under a day and its already failed, I realise this sort of thing happens, its just annoying and how Citroen recover this in my eyes will determine my outlook on the future ownership experience.

Comment

Unfortunately build quality on a lot of new purchases is much lower than it was in the past, take games consoles like the Playstation 3 or XBox 360 as e.g's, neither of those were reliable from new. With my DS3 I have an issue whereby the radio sometimes gets frozen after I end a phone call and you can't cancel the call, listen to the radio or music or turn off the display. Like you, Citroen are taking steps to fix it and whilst it's annoying at least we have warranties to cover it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jinxy View Post
                    Its a 90 day old ex-demo with sub 1,000 miles on the clock.. .. .. ..the wing mirrors failed to fold.
                    Can't say I'm too surprised - it probably had every man & his dog(or wife hopefully in this case) locking/unlocking it, then playing with the fold/unfold button inside and was probably just worn out - it's the first thing I'm expecting problems with, bar bulbs/washer fuse etc as they seem quite bulky for a small motor to keep turning in & out.

Can't ever really expect brand-new quality for a demo car which was probably discounted heavily in the first place - it's essentially a 2nd hand car that has barely moved.
                    DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Greaterix View Post
                      Can't say I'm too surprised - it probably had every man & his dog(or wife hopefully in this case) locking/unlocking it, then playing with the fold/unfold button inside and was probably just worn out - it's the first thing I'm expecting problems with, bar bulbs/washer fuse etc as they seem quite bulky for a small motor to keep turning in & out.

Can't ever really expect brand-new quality for a demo car which was probably discounted heavily in the first place - it's essentially a 2nd hand car that has barely moved.
                      Sorry but really? To start with the car was used exclusively by the owner of the groups wife for 90 days, the minimum it has to be on book as a demo, before we turned up at the right time, test drove it and bought it. The car is in pristine condition, no marks on wheels, leather, interior bodywork anywhere, which also lends itself to being as described.

I understand its a second hand car, but a second hand car that is 90 days old, that not exactly the same as a car that is 2-3 years old is it??? I'd expect near brand new quality for a car of that age and thats what I bought. I am annoyed that something has failed, but in reality it could have gone on the day it left the factory or in 15 years time, its one of those things and as I've said it more about how the dealer, and by extension Citroen, deal with the problem that is the important thing. Its just frustrating that its happened within 24hrs of buying the car, do we love the car, bloody right we do its great, its just annoying that something went pop so soon.

Comment

and as I said the way they deal with this is important and so far I am happy with it as they have just called, part is in stock and will arrive with them on Friday, they will collect the car between 9-10 do the repair and drop it back in the afternoon, I can't ask for better than that. That level of service is what I get from Jaguar for my XF and thats why I've had 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jinxy View Post
                          and as I said the way they deal with this is important and so far I am happy with it as they have just called, part is in stock and will arrive with them on Friday, they will collect the car between 9-10 do the repair and drop it back in the afternoon, I can't ask for better than that. That level of service is what I get from Jaguar for my XF and thats why I've had 3 of them.
                          It is good that they are sorting it out and I am sure that you will be able to put this behind you. It is I am sure just one of those things and they do happen. It is just unfortunate that it happened to you.

Onwards and upwards
                          sigpic

Comment

Irritating for sure, but it's not as though it left you stranded on the hard shoulder in the pouring rain late at night, is it.

Comment

come on guys i can see where this guy is coming from after my c6 was in & out garage more often than not, so yes cars do go wrong but after 24hrs of pulling off a forecourt i would be a bit pissed off as well you dont spends thousands of your hard earned pounds for it to breakdown less than 24hrs later i think we would all be the same dont you if it was ours
                              have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Working...
                              X