DS3 characteristics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 characteristics??

This is wot I have been told by my local Citroen dealers.

My DS3, with 16k on clock, has just been returned to us yet again.

This is my wifes car. She kept telling me of a ''clunking'' noise when reversing with full steering lock on. I tried to get it to do the same many times and to be honest, I never heard it.

Anyway, the car went back under warranty, for the 3rd time.

Fair do's to the dealers, they have been great everytime, and they checked everything, but found nothing. So we got the car back.......and it happened again.

Then, (My wife mentioned to them that she was going away for a few days).......they asked it they could keep it for the time she was away. They did another load of checks.......and they heard the noise, but could not work out who, wot where & when. It seem to only happen when the car has been stationary for a while, and cold.

They came to the conclusion that it is a characteristic of the car and where going to put it on the Citreon forum?????

So, the noise may or may not be still there?, we only got it back today.

We have an extension on the warranty, as, (and they agreed) we have almost lost confidence in the car.

Sorry......moan over, but has anyone else had a clunking on full lock/reverse????

I've only had mine for 8 and a bit months but I've never had this noise....
    sigpic

Comment

Seem to remember a bunch of people had this, including me, but went away after having the car for a while. I even took the complete front suspension apart. Was putting on coilovers anyway so took the opportunity to investigate but found absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You have lost confidence in the car because of a clunk noise that sometimes appears but in most cases doesn't? A bit harsh no?

Try your experiment again but this time without the handbrake being on, I've heard plenty of clunks in my time and when you mentioned that it only happens when it cold points out that the issue is more to do with a seizure of a part such as a brake stick. Give it a go and see.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

All ways show the dealer the fault before leaving the car with them at least they will ear it and might even diagnose the fault there and then it will save a lot of back and forth and time wasting.
          E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
          Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

I had this on my MR2 Roadster, never had any problems with the car, put it down to the front springs settling as the car moved off on full lock.
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

something to think about when your reversing in full lock is that the wheels arnt actually parallel and the car tends to skip rather than steer. so probably the cause of the problem. its all to do with the geometry of your 4 wheels and obviously your car is designed to be driving forwards. so the geometry is set primarily for travelling forwards. saying that my ds3 doesnt clunk in full lock whilst reversing, so im going to say as an educated guess its the shocker tops that are worn but could just as easy be a bal joint or suspension arm

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                You have lost confidence in the car because of a clunk noise that sometimes appears but in most cases doesn't? A bit harsh no?

Try your experiment again but this time without the handbrake being on, I've heard plenty of clunks in my time and when you mentioned that it only happens when it cold points out that the issue is more to do with a seizure of a part such as a brake stick. Give it a go and see.
                This is my wifes car...........I don't really drive it much, but I have tried reversing the car on full lock, and tbh, not heard anything?

As for lost confidence.....well

New wiring loom, injector going in the outside lane of the M5, and this mysterious clunk??

All on a 2 year old car with 16k on the clock. Wife loves the car, and so do I, when i do get the chance to drive it.
                As mentioned, the dealer has been great, and extended the warranty, to hopefully put our minds at rest.......time will tell.

The wife wants the DS3 red, or the Cabrio. So she still loves them.

Comment

I hope it's sorted now, do you know if the dealers looked at the suggestions made by nicksharp400 ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                    I hope it's sorted now, do you know if the dealers looked at the suggestions made by nicksharp400 ?

They had the car for a week.............they checked everything as far as I know............or so they said.

Comment

I had this happen to my previous DS3. I must admit I just ignored it and assumed it was just because it was cold and hadn't warmed everything up yet. A bit like getting out of bed in the morning.
                      '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                      THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Cold in Brisbane ??? I guess that's a relative term lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Im getting a sound when in full lock and reversing, but i believe it is coming from the tyre rubbing on something.
                          Im getting the dealer to check it out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            Cold in Brisbane ??? I guess that's a relative term lol
                            Well, cold engine anyway haha.
                            '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                            THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Working...
                            X