Auto wipers won't switch off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto wipers won't switch off

Auto wipers on Ds3 sport when switched to Auto position stay on constantly whether it's raining or not , this has only just started happening , what should I be checking ?

Originally posted by len112 View Post
    Auto wipers on Ds3 sport when switched to Auto position stay on constantly whether it's raining or not , this has only just started happening , what should I be checking ?
    Check for any muck stuck to the wipers and the windscreen - Give it a good clean by hand.

It could be that the sensors are detecting something other than rain and trying to flick it off.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

As fish says the issue will be the sensor on the glass (the bit behind where the rear view mirror sticks to the windscreen) so check it for any muck that is covering it.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I've cleaned the windscreen thoroughly and it's still happening . I did have my windscreen replaced about a year ago and there seems to be an air bubble between the the sensor and the new windscreen ( but that's always been there ) I don't know what else to try but I'm only 1500 miles off my 20,000 mile service so I'll hopefully get it sorted then .

Comment

Working...
        X