DS3 varying build quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 varying build quality

Aight people. I was wondering if the people that have had or experienced more than 1 DS3 noticed varying levels of build quality in their cars. I've found that my current DSport seems to have:
    - nicer speakers as they don't crackle as much as they used to in the DStyle
    - no knocking sound when reversing on full lock when cold engine like in the DStyle
    - the leather on the steering wheel is HEAPS nicer than on the old DStyle
    - the buttons feel nice to push and not wobbly like on the DStyle
    - however the externals quality seems nicer on the Dstyle as the skirts didn't seem to unclip themselves like on my current DSport
    - same goes for having to replace the adhesive for the chrome baguettes things (rear quarter panel part - small piece)
    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

This thread should be intresting to read, i have only had 1 ds3 so far but I will be concidering another new ds3 in 18months time

Comment

I had a Dstyle courtesy car and compared to my Dsport+ the quality was well basic to say the least, the steering wheel seemed less grippy so couldn't go throwing it round corners in case my hands slipped off, I think the speakers were fine and the voices sounded better in the Dstyle but obviously they lacked the bass and depth! Never had this knocking noise on either so can't comment on that personally after having the Dsport+ I'd only ever have another as couldn't live with a style now, even other cars on the market don't offer for me the same equipment and looks for the price!

Comment

Snap with that ^ ^ ^
        CBLUE
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Is the leather on the steering wheel different between models then?

I have a dstyle courtesy car at the moment and will be getting a dsport + shortly

Comment

I think you'll notice the difference for yourself it's probably a picky one that most aren't bothered by but Dsport steering wheel is to me at least better!

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
              Is the leather on the steering wheel different between models then?

I have a dstyle courtesy car at the moment and will be getting a dsport + shortly
              Well it was for me at least. The DSport leather feels really soft and nice to hold whereas the DStyle one felt a bit rough and the stitching was pretty ordinary and in the wrong place on the spokes @ 9 and 3 o'clock. The stitching on the DStyle gave me blisters when I took it to the track. Everyday use though wasn't much of a problem.
              '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
              THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Working...
              X