Bumper Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Problem?

Picked up my car last night so wasn't able to give it a good look over. I have now had a thorough look around and I have an issue with the front bumper. There seems to be a little more "give" than I would have expected and the lining at the bottom near the join with the outside of the bumper has a 2 inch split. Obviously the split is not good so I will call the dealer tomorrow but are the bumpers quite flexible?

The colour of the bumpers seems slightly lighter than the body too but I am assuming that would be normal as my old Clio was much the same.

Last edited by NGM; 21-02-2013, 19:02.

the color thing has come up before if it bothers you bring it up to the dealer they may respray it. Not sure where you mean with the 2" split. Where the bumper meets the wing? or where the wheel liner meets the bumper? A pic would help. Both those places are known issues so your dealer should sort those out without too much hassle.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I was trying to think of the best way to describe it! Yes, where the liner meets the bumper. My wife did ask the salesman about the colour when we test drove the car but as I say, not a great issue as I have had cars like that before.

Will take a pic of the liner later.

Comment

With the color seems a lot of cars are like that now apparently down to how the plastic takes the paint different. Mines like that too but doesn't bother me.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Too be honest I didn't really notice the colour difference myself, it was my wife who was the eagle eyed one.

Photo of the liner issue attached to 1st post.

Comment

The colour differnce is a common phenomenon on all makes of cars nowadays. The explanation I've been given is that on flexible surfaces such as bumpers water-based paints have to have plasticisers added, which can affect the paint colour.

One of my neighbours has a Mondeo with such a bad match between bumpers & body it looks like they've been sprayed a different colour!

Comment

Went into the dealer today and they agreed to repair the bumper/liner and the chips free of charge. I checked the bumper alongside an other DS3 and it seems the bumper is not fixed properly at the bottom as I can actually pull the bottom away with little force.

Comment

Just a thought: is it a new car? There was a problem on early cars with a fastener at the bottom right hand corner of the front bumper falling out, cured by a modified fastener & a sealing strip to close the gap. If that's the case your dealer will be able to look up the relevant InfoRapid & order the required parts.

Comment

The car was first registered in April last year.

Comment

Working...
                  X