Encounter with a speed camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encounter with a speed camera

Well yesterday i nearly shit myself. Was on my way home and was doing about 80mph on a dual carriage way. I know there is Gatso on the other side of the road pointing the other way (so not aiming at my side of the road) and there is no road marking for the speed camera on my side (i.e. what they use to measure how fast you are going). As I got closer to that camera it flashes resulting in me and every single person on the other side braking like crazy LOL

Now 95% says they cant do shit as i was on the side of the road with no markings bla bla bla.

Anyone ever encountered something like this and momentarily crapped themselves?

Don't know about UK LAW but here in DK i actually think they can't have a Camera taking speed pictures of you without warning with signs (we only have like 3-5 steady road test cams here in DK at the moment), if they don't and you can prove it, well then they cant charge you.

But if they use a tripod camera or a van then they can put it whereever they want and take thos "govermental" pictures of you as crazy as they want.

Comment

You are safe

Comment

No warnings have to be given here Eiken.

Contrary to popular belief there are no rules about warning signs for speed cam's, just Association of Chief Police Officer (ACPO) guidelines that suggest that in the interests of fairness and transparency there should be warning signs. Whether an individual Chief Constable decides to follow those guidelines is up to him/her.
        1.6 Vti White edition

Comment

Arh okay, well actually think thats the way to do it, no warnings = people are more aware of there speed

Comment

Nah Your Ok,

There's A Speed Camera In Merthyr On A 30mph Single Lane Each Way Road Where You Can Drive Towards It Full Speed, It Flashes But Nothign Ever Comes Of It...

People Do It To Show Off / Impress Girls Etc...

Comment

You're fine Sim.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thank god for that lol. I was honestly bricking it. Never driven so slow on the way home from work lol

Comment

Working...
                X