Citroen financial services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen financial services

Morning all. I picked up my new car on the 30th January and handed over the keys to my old one, which the dealer was going to settle. The payment date for my old car was the 1st February and I was told not to cancel the direct debit, which I didn't. So a payment of £283 left my bank on the 1st for my old car. I spoke to the dealer who told me they settled my old car on the 6th feb so I have been waiting for the payment of £283 to be credited back to me. I am still waiting. I spoke to citroen this morning who told me the funds were cleared on the 11th feb and will now raise a refund for the £283. Only after I have spoken to them are they raising a refund. So they have had my money for nearly 4 weeks and I now have to wait a possible 10 days further to get it back! The only reason I rang them was because I thought with the 1st looming again they would take another. So on the 28th I have to make a payment on my new car while they still have my money. Why does this process take so long? They are quick enough to take your money but so slow to give it back. It's a good job I wasn't relying on that money to pay my mortgage!!!

Have you cancelled the direct debit for the old car now Rach ? You really dont want another payment going out for your old car....
    sigpic

Comment

Yes I have. I cancelled it today. Not sure if I should have done or not though. Don't want bad credit!!

Comment

You should be fine as the dealer and Citroen have confirmed that the credit has been settled in early February 2013, also they are arranging a refund to you of the payment made on 1 February.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X