No announcement yet.

110hdi Remapped by SPTuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the ecu have to be updated every time a service is done? I was going to have mine remapped and not tell the dealer but aparantly they can tell because the ecu has been opened.

Comment

noo ecu doesnt have to be updated every time only when a software update is issued by CUK. They can only tell if they look specifically at the ECU , jamies very good , ultimatly they wont no its there unless they really really look for it.

Comment

So if a software update is due, would it affect the remap if they just went ahead and updated it or would they not be able to? I so wish I knew more about cars!!

Comment

Originally posted by shawzy23 View Post
          Ahhh it's awesome!! The powers there when you want it, completely change the car for the better! People get a shock when they try and pass you. I think not now!!!!

MPG speaks for itself.......
          Looks good.. Is that before and after?

Am tempted, as fuel savings could make it pay for itself.. Need to get a few more miles online first though...

Gav

Comment

if it was due and they did it all it would do is reset the ecu so wipe the remap off the system back to stock. but most tuners will upload the remap again free of charge if its wiped by dealers. ( most)

Comment

If the dealer updated the ECU via a software update it would over write the remap Rach and you'd be back to standard again
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much, you have been most helpful. I am going to have a word with my dealer seen as I know him quite well as he has sold me two DS3's.

Comment

no probs

Comment

The benefit of getting a vehicle remapped close to home- can get the map on/off not much trouble
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

A neat little trick to prevent the dealers overwriting your remap whilst in for service is to fit a secret switch behind the dash which isolates the power feed to the diagnostic socket. There equipment cannot communicate when this is isolated.
                      Hehe....

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                      Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Wish I had something like that when they overwrote my map Didn't even tell me they were going to do that stupid recall.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by fatmcgav View Post
                          Looks good.. Is that before and after?

Am tempted, as fuel savings could make it pay for itself.. Need to get a few more miles online first though...

Gav

Yeah sure is journey down was 50.3MPG and journey back was 60MPG. drove back with smile ear to ear ha love it!!!

Jamie is true legend!!

Comment

Do you fit such switches Jamie ? Can I add one to my shopping list ?
                            sigpic

Comment

I have been testing OBD protocols this week on this ECU this week and confirm that it has been done successfully. Still a little more to smooth out but basically it's possible now.

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                              Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Cool so a remap via the OBD and a switch to stop the dealer putting it back to standard ??? Sorted....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X