2013 ds3 thp 155 reliability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 ds3 thp 155 reliability?

Hi, as advised by other members I test drove both the ehdi 115 and the thp155, the thp 155 is the car that I want, my only concern is the reliability as I have read some horror stories about this engine. So have they fixed the issues that plagued the earlier models.

Thanks in advance

I have a 62 plate dsport + approaching 2k miles.. Still early days but no problems so far. Great fun to drive, fast as you want and all the gadgets. Wouldn't swap it for any other model. It can be thirsty, don't get me wrong but it makes driving a pleasure!!
    The main persistent problems from what I gather seem to be confined to the 150bhp older model.
    You never know your luck because every car is different but I'd defo say go for it!!
    Maybe I'm biased though. I will add I haven't driven the diesel sport but my last car was the 120 vti and the difference is out of this world!!

Comment

Mine's a THP from June 2012, so far 6200 miles and no issues. As far as I know the major engine issues are fixed with the newer models

Go for it, you won't regret it
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Weather is oni hot n hotter here, done 12500miles in a year, engine still crisp n good.

Comment

All grief with my 10 plate thp don't care if they have updated things the base engine is still the same

110 bhp weasel burner is same torque as a 155 ok not the same 0 to 60! But free tax and miles better mpg
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I have 2013 THP (135 co2). Done 4000 km. Not a single problem. MPG 40.

Comment

2010 THP..... yes ;-(

Comment

Has anyone encountered problems with the THP 155 and is there any rumours of an updated model to the THP 155?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have an 2011 THP155 and no problems at all till now!
                  DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Till now??? Have you problems then Fabian?

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                    Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Thought you had a THP 150 Fabian?
                      They didnt do THP 155 in 2011
                      Tell us more
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

My first thp engine on my 10 plate had to be replaced at 14k.....Second engine now covered 4k hasn't missed a beat.

Comment

Perhaps Fabian has discovered that his THP 150 really has 155 like my eHDI 110 actually had 115 bhp ?
                          sigpic

Comment

No problems from me @ 5000kms, and I've been thrashing mine. Gone through about 5 track days in the last 2-3 months. Only the brakes are quite shot now but that is to be expected from track days. (mine is a THP155 2012 model)
                            '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
                            THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

13000 kms no problems jan 2012 thp 155 chipt to 190

Comment

Working...
                              X