Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new Dsport +

Hi everyone,

I've had my black on black Dsport + eHDi since 1st March and I must say it is far better than I thought it would be. However I have a couple of small niggles that I wanted to know if other owners had experienced.

Firstly the aluminium insert in the Steering Wheel is not fixed tightly on the right hand side, which is an easily fixed problem and its already booked in.

The 2nd issue is one I noticed the other day whilst giving it a good clean. It looks like the paint sprayers ran out of paint when they got to the hatchback as there is paint missing from the gap between the roof and the HB.

Ill try and put a photo up as its a little hard to explain. My question is if anyone else has had similar problems and if so were they resolved easily.

Thanks

Ian

Re the paint missing between the roof and the HB. This the same on mine. Same colour as the car but no gloss. Looks just like Matt. This is normal as I noticed this on other cars in the showroom. Not really necessary as no one notices other than you. Look at the inside of you bonnet when you open it and you will see the same. No need to worry.
    Last edited by AJ07; 16-03-2013, 22:32.
    sigpic

Comment

Mines just got the non-glossy colour too, as AJ said they're all like that

Comment

think i'll check mine when its stops snowing
        Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

My Seat Leon was the same
          sigpic

Comment

Photo of tail gate

Visited my local dealer today. Apparently the insert doesnt come as a separate item so they are going to replace the complete steering wheel (once they get one in). As for the paint issue, it will have to go in the bodyshop. Hopefully you can make out the lack of paint in the photo. Sorry if the photo is at the wrong angle, you may need to rotate it 90 degrees.
            Attached Files

Comment

None of the DS3's or C3's for that matter are clear coated in that area that I know of. Hence the dull finish. Actually my Passat and my old Mercedes C32AMG were the same.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My soon to be going 12 plate Alfa is the same
                sigpic
                Gone but not forgotten....replaced by SEAT Ibiza Toca in Black

Comment

Yep as per cyclone said none of my last three cars have had full paint in those areas...
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep that's normal

Comment

Agreed that the paint issue is normal for these cars.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Well the dealer is going to spray it under warranty. Its not just the clear coat that is missing its actually the black paint. The beige colour you see in the photo is, I assume, an undercoat.

Comment

Working...
                        X