Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSport ride and gearing

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a DS3. I had a test drive in a DStyle Plus yesterday and fell in love with it I had a really good test run on a variety of different roads. The ride was quite firm but okay.

I'm torn between a 1 year old DSport 110ps diesel and a new 90ps DStyle Plus. Whats putting me off about the DSport is I've read the ride is really really firm and the gearing is a bit odd - its not happy to ride in 3rd and you have to change up and down a lot. I'm just wondering what you guys think?

I've got a test drive in a DSport in a few days, so I guess I'll find out.

I'm thinking a 1 year old DSport would make most financial sense and its lost the big bucks already. Although a new DStyle Plus would only be a couple of grand more but would have that heavy depreciation in the first year?

The DSport! Rides decently, not as stiff as a mini! Gearing hasn't seemed an issue for me, it seems happy in 4th around 30mph steady, but to speed up a downshift is required to avoid labouring the engine. The diesel may be better than the petrol in this regard as it has more torque! See what you think in the test drive!
    DS3 DSport 150 THP

Comment

Hi flemmo, I found the sport to have firm suspension but the superb seats smooth it all out - not nearly as bad as a Mini Cooper (that I had).
      The six speed box on the sport is slick in operation compared to five on the style - with the extra torque of the diesel you dont change down so much. Anyway thats part of the fun of driving a sport, which you will find out in a few days

Ozza

Comment

I have the eHDI 110 DSport+ and its brilliant to drive, lots of torque, fast and planted on the road without being uncomfortable. I drove a DStyle as well before I bought and there was no choice for me....
        sigpic

Comment

Dsport all the way! the suspension difference is noticeable but it's not an uncomfortable or really firm ride its just a bit firmer then the Dstyle The gearing isn't an issue either as can cruise in 5th most of time and then obviously when you need power just drop to 4th at 30mph and your boost is there to go (20-80mph in one gear!!) We shall see what your verdict is after the test drive but I think you won't be going back

Comment

Thanks guy.
            I can't wait until the test drive. I'm itching to own one now

What do you think to the financial aspect of my dilemma? The dsport Im looking at has done 15k miles on a 12 plate and is £13k. It would have been £18k new.

I could get a dstyle plus new on drivethedeal.com for a little over £14k.

I'm no good at decisions!

Comment

go with the heart. *cough*dsport*cough*
              Last edited by nufc_ds3; 17-03-2013, 22:05.
              Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

You could get a new DSport 155 for just over £15k on citroen deals if you can hack white
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm pretty taken with shark grey with a black roof. Also after band A road tax. Good price though!

Comment

Working...
                  X