Trip Computer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Computer Question

Sorry if this has been asked/answered allready. I've done a search but not found the answer. Im pretty sure i have answered the question myself allready but after a second opition i supose.

Im just after some clarity on how the trip computer works.

So, you have the 3 icons, 'a car' then '1' and '2'

The car is obviously shouds miles to empty then live/current mpg
    Then 1 and 2 show average mpg/miles etc

In my old golf it had a similar set up but when set on '1' it would show the average for that trip only and '2' would show the full average of all trips combined.

The DS3 trip computer doesnt work like this does it? both 1 and 2 in theory show the same data and if you want data for a single trip you need to remember to reset the computer before you set off?
    Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Yep 1 & 2 can be set independently but essentially show the trip information since the last reset.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nufc_ds3 View Post
      Sorry if this has been asked/answered allready. I've done a search but not found the answer. Im pretty sure i have answered the question myself allready but after a second opition i supose.

Im just after some clarity on how the trip computer works.

So, you have the 3 icons, 'a car' then '1' and '2'

The car is obviously shouds miles to empty then live/current mpg
      Then 1 and 2 show average mpg/miles etc

In my old golf it had a similar set up but when set on '1' it would show the average for that trip only and '2' would show the full average of all trips combined.

The DS3 trip computer doesnt work like this does it? both 1 and 2 in theory show the same data and if you want data for a single trip you need to remember to reset the computer before you set off?
      Yep, there's no overall 'life of the car' details. Only 'Live' / Trip 1 / Trip 2.

I think the trips have a max of 9999km too (6213 miles).
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'd need to check but I'm sure my Trip 1 is showing higher miles than that Beefy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          I'd need to check but I'm sure my Trip 1 is showing higher miles than that Beefy
          They might of fixed it, I've not checked mine, just remember reading this thread.
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yes- trips meters have 9999kms as max
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

'Banks' 1 and 2 just record data but you can reset them as you need too, for example if you wanted to record data for a certain trip then reset 'bank' 1 and keep 'bank' 2 for overall data.

The trip computer will only count up to 6214 miles which is 9999km when converted.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

So what happens when it reaches that point Biggie does it just stop ? I know mine is around that mark but I probably havent noticed that it no longer increases...
                sigpic

Comment

The computer will still continue to update MPG but the distance covered will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    'Banks' 1 and 2 just record data but you can reset them as you need too, for example if you wanted to record data for a certain trip then reset 'bank' 1 and keep 'bank' 2 for overall data.

The trip computer will only count up to 6214 miles which is 9999km when converted.
                    Thanks for confirming Bigfeet.
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I bet I never even noticed ! Thanks Biggie...
                      sigpic

Comment

Thats cool, just wanted to check as in my golf, bank 1 would reset itself after the engine had been off for 4 hours and bank 2 would just be continuous.
                        Just something i will need to get used to.
                        Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Comment

The computer will still continue to update MPG but the distance covered will stop.
                          I'm surprised to hear that the computer carries on updating the overall mpg figure even thought the mileage stops at 6214. On several occasions I've gone past 6214 without resetting the trip - sometimes for another few 000 miles - but the mpg figure has never budged. Granted that the mpg would need to change significantly, and for a fair few miles, to make a difference to the overall mpg, but even so I'm intrigued to discover that it might do so. I doubt I'll be able to check it out though, as both trips are currently at under 1000 miles, and I probably won't get anywhere close to 6214 again before I px the beast.
                          Last edited by gar074; 18-03-2013, 13:46.

Comment

^

Granted I'm going by the way my Picasso updates it data, the mileage part stops at the 6214 but the MPG continues to alter. As you have pointed out the difference when you have reached that mileage is going to have very little input and effect.

Since it is the display that stops after 6214 what we can't say if the computer stops as well, from my experience it doesn't and continues to work in the background.
                            Last edited by Bigfeet; 18-03-2013, 14:02.

Comment

So what we need is a willing volunteer to experiment with some madcap hooning about as soon as they reach 6214 on the trip meter (or some super-economical driving, which would be much less fun), to see if they can get the recorded mpg to change...

Comment

Working...
                              X