DS3 at dealer, but no papers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 at dealer, but no papers..

My DS3 THP150 (155?) was delivered at the dealer last Friday (15/3), but the papers of the car still haven't arrived. Is it normal that it takes more than a week after delivery of the car untill the papers arrive? They told me they would have them last Tuesday, but now nobody seems to know when they will be in.. Very frustrating, especially when you keep in mind that delivery was originally predicted for Februari 25, and I have been riding everywhere on my bicycle for now, as I don't have a car anymore.. (I'm from Belgium btw..)

sounds like your having a hard time. you would imagine post is faster than transportation to garage from original destination. It looks to me as if these have went missing and they are making up some story until new ones arrive. If i was you i would at least try and get something back for the inconvenience, maybe vouchers and a full tank of fuel. I know i certainly would. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you

Comment

I imagine that the registration process in Belgium is different from the UK. A new car is registered by the dealer using the AFRL system which issues the tax disc, the log book (V5C) is then processed and posted out to the customer normally within 7 days.

Granted if a car is to be registered with a cherished plate then a V55 will be to be requested and that can take a couple of days to arrive.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I was going to say that ^^^^^

Comment

Registration isn't done by the dealer over here. You have to do it yourself (or your insurance company can do it for you), but ofcourse for that you need the papers of the car..
          Last edited by FLP; 22-03-2013, 12:55.

Comment

OK, so I went to the dealer to find out what's going on. At first they couldn't find my file, a couple of calls, and a couple of people later, there it was. Guess what, papers were in there. Guess when I called earlier, they couldn't find my file, and decided it would be easier to tell me the papers weren't there instead of looking for the file? Anyway, the good news is, I'l be driving around at the end of next week or just after Easter!

Comment

thats good news FLP
              i'm still waiting for my car
              i'm also from belgium (Diest)

Comment

Hello I picked up my car (THP150) 8/03. Also from Belgium ( Tienen)

Comment

Originally posted by ds3white View Post
                  Hello I picked up my car (THP150) 8/03. Also from Belgium ( Tienen)
                  Welcome to the club

Post your own thread in the newbie section and introduce yourself. Don't forget some pics too
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                  X