No announcement yet.

3D rear lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lfc, yeah that version is clearly at least for the C4 but in the text says "The rear looks squat and purposeful, with LED tail-lights featuring the same "infinity" effect seen on the current Citroen DS3" But it doesn't say whether they're exactly the same as the infinity effect is also on the "tunnel" version. Oh well

Comment

• Maybe Biggie can confirm, I've not seen the lights above on any Citroen's yet
      sigpic

Comment

• Hello

There's a set of 2 rear 3D lights on eBay for £299 RRP: £360

Comment

• Hiya

I've brought a DS3 3D passenger rear lamp unit second hand, once we received it, we realised it was for a left hand drive DS3 so the lens needs replacing as where the reverse light should be, is the fog light.. Does anyone know how we'd replace the lens?

Comment

• Wow didn't know the fog light and reverse light are reversed on left hand drive cars. Must be some regulation thingy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pmatil View Post
              Wow didn't know the fog light and reverse light are reversed on left hand drive cars. Must be some regulation thingy.
              fog light if only one has to be on the drivers side i believe or centre line cant be on passenger side. though why they diddnt design lights with both reverse and fog on both sides is beyond me

Comment

• On my 3d lights I am sure they both have clear lens where fog/reverse are ,where fog is the bulb is red.will check tomorrow.
                DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

• Have seen all the pics for the lights but can someone tell me what lights up when brake pedal is used?
                  DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                  Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

• So the 3D-lights are not all-led then? All but reverse/fog bulb?

Comment

• Originally posted by pmatil View Post
                      So the 3D-lights are not all-led then? All but reverse/fog bulb?
                      and indicators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                        Have seen all the pics for the lights but can someone tell me what lights up when brake pedal is used?
                        The UK ones have a row of led's at top of light unit, these are on when side lights are on as well as the centre 3d effect and when you apply brakes the top row of led go brighter.Without side light on when you brake you also get the 3d part of light come on as well as the top row of led's.Hope this makes sense.

Comment

• yep that does, thanks very much Peter
                          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

• Hmm so I would need to convert the bulbs to LEDs. Anyone done that? If so, please recommend (decent) quality bulbs for indicators, fog and reverse bulbs.

Comment

• Just got mine done at the dealer, 350 eur fitted:

A bit weird is that I have a different part code for the lights. As partsworld etc. is selling the 160 993 8180, I got 160 993 8080. Didn't notice any obvious differences, maybe someone who has access to citroen parts database can look it up. I think it's maybe because of the lef/right hand steering of different countries. As someone said, the rear fog light has to be on the driver's side. For me that's on the left and the reverse light on the right side. UK ones this is probably reversed. So, as far as I can tell the lamp bases for the fog light (PR21W) and the reverse light (P21W) are different so the bulbs cannot be swapped even though both of the lenses are clear and the fog bulb is red and the reverse bulb white. Luckily I got a "Finnish one", not sure if the UK one was even legal here.
                              Last edited by pmatil; 14-01-2014, 13:28.

Comment

• Looks good but I am still staying with the original spec.

Comment

Working...
                                X