Why we have to wait so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we have to wait so long?

Ordered my dsport +155THP on 27/2/2013 with a projected build date of April 2013. According
    To previous threads this should mean a delivery date of may 2013. Can anyone explain why it takes so long
    To get a car made and delivered.
    The wait is killing me!

The DS3 elves are still knackered after Christmas.....

For more on this, with some sensible answers too, click on the similar threads below or try the Search function top right of the forum
    sigpic

Comment

[SMUG MODE: START] i first became aware of the DS3's existence 3 weeks ago. I first went to the dealer and took a test drive 2 weeks ago. I put in an order for a factory build 1 week ago, but by extreme good luck, someone had ordered and cancelled my exact spec, leaving it "in stock" in the Citroen network. I took delivery 2 days ago! [SMUG MODE: END]

Comment

Originally posted by Tbart View Post
        Can anyone explain why it takes so long
        To get a car made and delivered.
        Because it takes a while to build a car?
        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Citroen are a complete joke. Look at this, it takes 7 hours to get from the factory to Nottingham, so why can't they deliver it the same day?!
          Proud owner of missing wonky stickers

Comment

if the car must built in the factory it can take 12 weeks or more
            if car is in cuk its can go very quick

Comment

I demand answers!!!!

Biggie. Sort this situation!
              C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

lol Den

Comment

Biggie deliberately delays delivery of new DS3's.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I understand that if u want to have a specific colour combo then u have to be prepared to wait.
                      Ach5 u are so lucky to have got a cancelled order,the problem with my order is that I have chosen hickory brown, and
                      I am only too aware that this is not the most popular of colours, but 12 weeks to build a car is a bit much.
                      Thanks for all your comments and welcomes
                      I am sure it is going to be worth the wait.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Cars built in France so there's your first problem. Then transported to Calais awaiting the ferry, second problem. Then checked through customs etc etc etc etc and finally to your dealer. 12 weeks is better than it was on launch. Six months nearly at that time, lol.

Comment

Maybe I was just crazy to pick an unpopular colour but I do like to be just a little bit different.
                          When my car arrives I am not sure if I should run it on normal unleaded or super unleaded,any suggestions or advice
                          would be much appreciated.

Comment

Mixin I couldn't agree more (but then I am the one waiting)
                            What colour do u have and what part of Nottingham are u in? I will keep a lookout for u.

Comment

That a quicker date than me. I ordered 27/1/13 expected delivery end of April. Been waiting 9 weeks already. Still have 4.that may not include all paper work to be completed at this end. So you seem to have a shorter date than most for the thp.

Comment

Working...
                              X