Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misting of windscreen

Hey peeps,

I wondered if anyone else was finding with the weather colder now it takes forever to get the windscreen clear before setting off. In fact I usually go with a tiny clear bit to see through.

Any tips on how to make this stop happening. I don't wanna wipe with anything like hand as that leaves marks

Turn your front screen heater on?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Fastest way I know of to clear mist from windscreen is to set the vents onto the screen, heat setting to max, blower to max and switch aircon ON, may sound daft putting aircon on, but it reduces humidity quite quickly

Comment

Does the aircon on the DS3 stop working below a certain temperature? My SEAT used to turn the aircon off automatically when it got below 4 degrees celsius, so on a cold morning with no aircon the windows would mist up really badly. In the Volvo I had before that, the aircon carried on working when it was well below zero, so you could clear the windows really quickly.

Comment

I have no experience with the auto aircon on the Citroen, but with mine it has manual aircon and that works regardless of temp.

Comment

Mine did this the other night, even with the windscreen demist on and no matter what temp I set it to, it just didnt want to clear, it took aaaaages before it was clear enough to drive.
            '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
            '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
            'We do what we must, because we can.'
            Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

The Owner's Handbook says that aircon "enables you to increase the effectiveness of the demisting in winter, above 3º C", which implies that it doesn't operate at lower temperatures.

The automatic"visibility programme" works well!

Comment

Full blast the blowers an A/C it, works every time.

Comment

My temp was registering with a flashing 1 degrees this morning, I pressed the wee left button on the top row of four, turned the heating up and put air con on, done it a bit, but wasn't perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    Full blast the blowers an A/C it, works every time.
                    Yes, this is the best advice... make sure you are not 'recirculating' the air in the car or this will take a little longer also.... although recirculating the air is better to heat the air up... however if you have higher humidity inside the car ie damp, then bringing in fresher even tho colder air is better.... but the air conditioning works everytime to demist quicker... the handbook states down to 3c because it can not cool the air any cooler... but it will always dehumidify it what ever the temperature.

Hope this helps... also be aware that if you have a high dampness in the chiller then it can take longer do dehumidify and this can occasionally make the air con less effective as your blowing damp air over the windscreen until the chiller is blowing dryer air.

Dont forget to run the air con every few weeks to help lubricate it as all cars with air con need them to be used regularly to lubricate the internal components, even in the middle of winter!

If the aircon is not dehumidifying then check that it is working!
                    Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Working...
                    X