Size of fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of fuel tank

Can anybody tell me how much the DS3 fuel tank holds? My manual says its 48 litres. If that's the case then why when I have one bar left on the gauge, and about 50 miles range according to the trip computer can I only get 38 litres in the tank? Where is the other ten? This has happened every time I have filled up!!

Originally posted by Rach h View Post
    Can anybody tell me how much the DS3 fuel tank holds? My manual says its 48 litres. If that's the case then why when I have one bar left on the gauge, and about 50 miles range according to the trip computer can I only get 38 litres in the tank? Where is the other ten? This has happened every time I have filled up!!
    It should be 48 litres. Usually I'll fill up at 3 bars but a few times I've let it go to 2 bars by accident and filled up with over 40 litres usually. The most I remember filling up was about 43 litres when I was on 2 bars.
    '11 Noir Obsidian Citroen DS3 Dstyle 120VTi w/ darkest legal tint, K&N High-flow filter, carbon side strips, deleted resonator, tech pack. SOLD!
    THE BEE '12 Sport Yellow Citroen DS3 DSport THP155 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure mine is 48 litres too. Got the range down to about 35 miles the other day, brimmed it and it put in 44.55 litres. I'd been doing fairly short journeys for the last 60 miles or so, so I imagine the range decreased due to the lower mpg.

I'm not sure about the DS3 but certainly in other cars I've had, the last 5 litres doesn't show on the gauge as it's sort of 'reserve fuel', meaning you still have some fuel after its warned you (the light's come on). I'm sure someone can confirm.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

just filled mine up yesterday it was beeping at me to fill up 1 bar left and got 46.24 litres in.

Comment

I've been down to no bars when the display of miles left has disappeared and there was still at least 3 litres in the tank!

JB

Comment

Yeah most I ever got in was 45 litres, I used to run my Astra down to the fumes but one day got caught out after a round trip to Liverpool so tend to play it a bit safe now I do agree with the small amount of litres shown as a reserve though...
            sigpic

Comment

Coming back from Lydenn Hill meet the other day did an emergency pit stop for fuel. 48.5 litres. The computer said I had about 20 miles then went blank, did 5 miles so had about 15 left. Its probably bigger than 48 litres if not there's a litre or 2 in the pipe. I run it down so often i dont worry about the crap at the bottom. Also use fuel cleaner every so often.

Comment

German handbook has it at 50l for the petrel and 45 for the diesel.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

In which case my 45 litre fill up was a bit close to the empty then
                  sigpic

Comment

45 for the diesel

Comment

Working...
                    X