Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof rack

Hi all,

I've just bought a citroen roof rack for my DS3 but can't find where or how on the roof to fit it! The manual shows a oic of little flaps opening to allow the feet in. Has anybody else yet fitted one of these?

On a different note, my THP has heated seats with the leather, not requested either so came as a surprise. Anybody else ended up with warm seats?

Cheers,

Nick

Pssssssssssss!

Don't mention leather.

James

Comment

Hi Nick,

Welcome To The Site !

Heres A Thread On The Roof Rack...

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?135-Roof-Bars

The Flaps Are On A Black Strip That You Need To Fit As A Replacement For The Roof Colour Co-Ordinated Strips...
      Last edited by ZACK; 18-11-2010, 13:20.

Comment

Heated Leather seats!!! Didn't know that was an option! V Jealous ;o)
        Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
          Heated Leather seats!!! Didn't know that was an option!
          There Is A Thread On Here Somewhere About This...

Aparently The Leather Seats On Some Later Models Came With Heating Elements + All The Wiring But Just No Switches To Turn Them On ?...

Crazy French !

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post

Aparently The Leather Seats On Some Later Models Came With Heating Elements + All The Wiring But Just No Switches To Turn Them On ?...

Crazy French !
            That might mean I have the elements!
            Is there any easy way to tell?
            Fitting a switch might be easy.

James

Comment

Thanks for the reply on the roof rack. For how often I use the roof rack I think I might try and get away without buying the plastic strips,,,,,,,,,I wouldn't leave the rack on.
              Not sure how to get the existing strip off though, without damaging the thing,,,,,,any tips?

Leather seats with heating controls not something for the UK then,,,,,,,,I'm in France so maybe this is a French spec thing, the switch for the heating is down the side of the seats by the doors. Hate to rub it in but it is nice, but then I did wait 7 months for delivery (even in France), ordered in April and took delivery last Friday. 2000 very enjoyable kms on the clock already.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by DSNick View Post
                I'm in France so maybe this is a French spec thing
                So That Explains It !

Comment

So That Explains It !
                  Leather HEATED seats in France! Were on an island and need heated seats more! or is that were more tougher in the uk and dont need hot bums? ;o) grrrr jealous!!!
                  Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

The plastic strips come off quite easy, you need to get a something under the front edge that wont scratch the paint (I have a small plastic wedge)You then slide it along to the until it gets tight then give it a twist and it shoul pop out of the clip, just repeat till you get to the back.

I would want to do it to often as you 1. may break the clip when refitting if you dont get them aligned or 2 the clip will get weaker from kep pop ing of and refitting.

Steve

Comment

Crazy French !
                      Yeah mine has a load of wiring in them

Comment

Hi DSNick, welcome aboard.

There are some leather-seated members on here who, as winter approaches, are getting used to the early-morning thermal shock on the nether regions, and will envy you the heated seats (not to mention Tony .. but best not to go there...)

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                          Hi DSNick, welcome aboard.

There are some leather-seated members on here who, as winter approaches, are getting used to the early-morning thermal shock on the nether regions, and will envy you the heated seats (not to mention Tony .. but best not to go there...)
                          Yeah that would be me

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the roof rack info.
                            I'm not too keen on black strips down my carmen roof and spoiling the aesthetics. Think I'll buy the black strips and paint them Carmen red, anybody know if or where to get a tin of this paint from?

Comment

I have thought about painting mine white but those flaps that the roof bars fit through are a pretty tight fit

Comment

Working...
                              X