X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running In...

Just some general advise really,

Forgive me if this has been covered before! :confused:

I have owned a couple of new motorbikes and truly know my way around running those in right, now a car engine and specifically a diesel... i have no idea whats best?? i mean with my bikes i run them in below 4 thou revs upto 400 miles then you can run them in hard through the rev range!

Any guidance would be great as this is a massive jump to buy a brand new motor (Dsport Plus 110) so want to get it right!! :cool:

Cheeeers!

I have the same model and was told to drive it normally (or as you will all the time) from the off. Not sure if it's just diesels but I don't believe you need to run them in anymore and I have read on this forum previously (try the search function if you wish to read more on it, or the links at the bottom of the page) that diesels respond better to hard driving from the off.

It's certainly worked on my almost 10m old DS3
    sigpic

Comment

drive it like you stole it
      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
      Third time around.
      Work in Progress

Comment

Cheers lfcrule1972,

never have i spent so much money so wanted to get it right, might just drive it like a true granny for a little while till i feel the engine is ready to run a little harder

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
          drive it like you stole it
          What he said.

JB

Comment

I might as well drive it like i stole it, bargain of a price ...

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
              Cheers lfcrule1972,

never have i spent so much money so wanted to get it right, might just drive it like a true granny for a little while till i feel the engine is ready to run a little harder
              Mine always felt like it was ready to go from the first day I picked it up from the dealer... I understand your caution (this was my first brand new car) but the DS3 diesels really don't need it.
              sigpic

Comment

This is my 3rd brand new car and I'm running mine in. I usualy give it about 1,000 miles, It just doesn't feel right to me to hammer a new car right away.

Comment

Yeah thats it, i only really know bike engines so didnt want to get this wrong!!

want to know whats really sad, going to the dealer today to take photos and sit in it one last time till i get it haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecrasher View Post
                    This is my 3rd brand new car and I'm running mine in. I usualy give it about 1,000 miles, It just doesn't feel right to me to hammer a new car right away.
                    So with that in mind, do you run it to a certain RPM up to 1000miles or just real sensible driving, i certainly dont drive like a idiot anyway, Race bikes for that. Infact 65MPH up the motorway is as far as my right foot goes

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
                      So with that in mind, do you run it to a certain RPM up to 1000miles or just real sensible driving, i certainly dont drive like a idiot anyway, Race bikes for that. Infact 65MPH up the motorway is as far as my right foot goes
                      Just drive a bit more sensible to be honest. I dont stick to revs or anything like that. I dont floor it or anything.

I just googled this http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/what...ew-cars/233500

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecrasher View Post
                        Amazing

Cheers mate!!

Comment

Working...
                        X