No announcement yet.

Paint colour code??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi just phoned the dealer where I brought the racing from less than 2 minutes he got back to me with code great service.
    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
      Hi just phoned the dealer where I brought the racing from less than 2 minutes he got back to me with code great service.
      Out of interest, what was the code?
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I popped into my local Halfords this morning to pick a cheap 'Paint stick' to cover a couple of small chips. I hit them with the Racing's Colour Code EXL, and she said that 8 different shades had come up on their system for that code and that I need the 'Shade number' that goes on the end of the code. There was only 1 shade for the Orange (EHS).

Anyone know what the FULL Colour Code is for the Black on the Racing?

Comment

Check the transporter stick on your car, it's hiding on the door shut.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thats what i did. Just says EXL/EHS

Comment

Apparently "Car manufacturers don't put the full code on the cars so that you have to buy the paint directly from them" ???

Looked on Chipex. Might it be this EXL BLACK(2004/9999) ??

Comment

Ahh..... so Citroen now only put the three letters on now, in the older days there were four, the fourth letter did if memory serves refer to a batch code. Still any bodyshop worth it's salt would have lighten or darken paint in order to get an exact colour match and it's the same for touch up pens as well.

"Car manufacturers don't put the full code on the cars so that you have to buy the paint directly from them"

This statement did give me a laugh! Citroen does a touch up pen and it only comes in one shade, but again you may need to lighten or darken as required.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by danieljnewman View Post
                  I popped into my local Halfords this morning to pick a cheap 'Paint stick' to cover a couple of small chips. I hit them with the Racing's Colour Code EXL, and she said that 8 different shades had come up on their system for that code and that I need the 'Shade number' that goes on the end of the code. There was only 1 shade for the Orange (EHS).

Anyone know what the FULL Colour Code is for the Black on the Racing?
                  I am sure if you rang your local Citroen dealer they will tell you the full code

Comment

Working...
                  X