Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot size in cm?

Hi all,

Does anyone know the size of the boot in cm. The amount of litres means nothing to me that Citroen give on their brochure.
    I bought a massive 1m long sub box for my music machine! But I think it will be a struggle to fit. Didn't really think about the size until I ordered the car.

Thanks
    Joe
    94JDA

Keep the car - ditch the box (or put the back seat down if it won't fit in the boot)

JB

Comment

With the factory sub about 95cm wide. Without the factory sub 101cm wide
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Not sounding good for the box then. I'll have to make a new box up or something.
        Thanks!!!
        94JDA

Comment

Is the factory sub any good?
          94JDA

Comment

Do you have the upgraded sound system? That would have a sub on the right side of the boot. Citroen also do a accessory sub that is a tube style. Have no idea about how good it is. I'm not really up on the audio stuff and what comes with what model. Someone who knows should be along
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

There is a factory fit sub in the boot to all DS3 with the HiFi module fitted. Tell tale sign is the third speaker in the middle of the dash. I have the system in my DSport and pleased with the sound it produces for a OEM system. There is a sub woofer upgrade available which goes in the boot across the rear seats and is held in place by the luggage anchor points in the boot. Costs around £300 but have not heard if its any good and waiting for someone to try one out before I think about getting one

Comment

Tweak the EQ right and the hifi system sub is amazing! Its a very complimenting bass sound especially when turned up and I'm a real audiophile.

Found a good bassy album the other day, put it on loud and was surprised how good it sounds and how much it shakes the back windows lol, and ive had the car for 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Bensds3 View Post
                  Tweak the EQ right and the hifi system sub is amazing! Its a very complimenting bass sound especially when turned up and I'm a real audiophile.

Found a good bassy album the other day, put it on loud and was surprised how good it sounds and how much it shakes the back windows lol, and ive had the car for 2 years!
                  Did you find that there are irritating rattles when there is too much base applied and I don't mean the good vibrations you refer too. I have used some padding around the base unit which has helped but still can't give it full base. Maybe need to turn up the volume more lol

Comment

Please don't say there is a rattle, I love my bass and that's the last thing I want. I have a grande punto ATM ( waiting for my ds3) with my two 15"inch subs and the car is soo bad for rattle!
                    I got the hifi system cause the cars the sport.
                    I paid for the sub recently so I have to have it really. Just have to make it fit!
                    94JDA

Comment

Originally posted by Joeauger View Post
                      Please don't say there is a rattle, I love my bass and that's the last thing I want. I have a grande punto ATM ( waiting for my ds3) with my two 15"inch subs and the car is soo bad for rattle!
                      I got the hifi system cause the cars the sport.
                      I paid for the sub recently so I have to have it really. Just have to make it fit!
                      The rattle came from the OEM built in sub in the boot which I presume you are disconnecting. The problem is its housed in a plastic casing with a small sub speaker and has in mine a tendency to resinate whem the bass is turned up. Have cut his down with deading mats around the unit..

Don't worry I am sure your's will be fine

Comment

When I go to wire my sub in can I use the wires for the stock sub?
                        It will be easier of I could but maybe it's better to have both running?
                        94JDA

Comment

Originally posted by Joeauger View Post
                          When I go to wire my sub in can I use the wires for the stock sub?
                          It will be easier of I could but maybe it's better to have both running?
                          In theory I would say you could but not sure how its wired to the headunit. I am sure have seen stuff on the forum about this if you use the search function or someone with greater knowledge than mysel will know

Comment

Ok, it's going to be a job for Citroen anyway. I don't want them coming back saying my warranty is void because I put the sub in not them.
                            Still got 6 weeks until I get the car anyway
                            94JDA

Comment

Working...
                            X