Road Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Kill

Was on way home late last night going through dark country lanes in west sussex car handled brilliant good full beam. Then there it was bloody big dear standing in the middle if the road I was doing bout fifty. Broke quite hard n swerved it ran off thank god my heart was pumping as I went round the corner. Up ahead police car blue lights flashing had hit another one killed it poor thing. Loads of damage to front n side of the car I think if id of hit it mine would be off the road for a while. Deer are pretty big up close!!!

Went up lincolshire on Monday 240 miles one way quarter of a tank 4 n half hour trip, impressed I was!! Anyway I digress, again dark lanes near skegness 4 or 5 pheasant decide to fly across the road with the last one flying across my windscreen we went from aghhh how nice to f****** hell. Again if it had hit probably cracked my screen or taking the wing mirror.

These things come in threes so ill let you know Wen the next one happens. Lol. Do citroen do a bubble wrap for the ds3!?!?!?

Anyone else got any stories of hits or near misses in there ds3's?

I killed a man once.

He's fine now.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Had a similar incident a few years ago with missing a dear, pity I then missed the wall....

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

OMG Biggie - were you driving a C2 ?
        sigpic

Comment

last year I hit a Wood Pigeon on the left hand front corner of my DS3 and it punched out the Leds had the Araldite the whole fixture back in
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            Had a similar incident a few years ago with missing a dear, pity I then missed the wall....

Was it an old Dear Biggie (or a deer even!)

JB

Comment

If you want a pounding heart, try descending on a road bike at 40mph and then suddenly seeing a full griwn stag and several smaller deer suddenly burst out from the hedgerow and bound across the road.

Brown lycra time indeed!

Comment

Back in 2011:

Originally posted by Savant View Post

Driving to work this morning and a small bird (bigger than a sparrow, smaller than a pidgeon) managed to fly in front of me, and as a result has gone right between the two chrome bits which make up the citroen logo and is now stuck there.

I've logged a call with the lease place (company car), but looks like it's going to be a bugger to get out... Can't see it from the inside (Fans and Rad in the way), and can't push it out the bottom as there are at least two layers of structure in the way.

Looks like a bumper off job.

Sigh. Just hope they can sort someone to get it out before it gets smelly

here
                I've not hit anything *thinks* Pretty sure I've not hit anything.

Dad had a crash when a bird flew into the spokes of his bike as he was going downhill -_-
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Back in 2011:

I've not hit anything *thinks* Pretty sure I've not hit anything.

Dad had a crash when a bird flew into the spokes of his bike as he was going downhill -_-
                  I had a similar incident driving in Wales one time.

Crow flew into the wheel arch of an MGTF in front of me. Did a few laps of the wheel then spat itself out on to my windscreen. Wipers moved it off.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Wow bigfeet that's a crash alright. No ach no more heart pounding Thx that sounds scary. Wtf its just a matter of when not if.

Was weird coz Wen I had regained composure I went through in my head as if I had hit it. N main thing was would it fit in my boot coz venison is not cheap!! Lol. I think it would be a squeeze n I got black bags so id of got in somehow.

Hi honey I'm home we got a visitor!! Lol. How funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                      Wtf its just a matter of when not if.
                      I swerve for leaves incase it's a frog. I'm not hitting anything.

I live in the Chiltern Hills, so had enough chances. My parents live up a quiet lane, and the Muntjac deer are special. They will wait for you, then dart out. They are really compact as well.

The Ashridge Estate is always fun at night, BIG stags and large groups stand either side of the common.
                      My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Wtf really? You swerve leaves to miss frogs. Lol that is brilliant id love to be following you down the road. Hope the police have never pulled you. Can you imagine the conversation be hilarious.

Wtf you are mother nature good for you. X

Comment

After my accident I decided that I would only swerve for Dinosaurs and giant robots
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

My father-in-law used to aim at hares and pheasants in his ancient Volvo estate - the front ends of those things were virtually indestructible, and the road-kill ended up in the pot. With a modern car, you'd be looking at a new plastic bumper, grille, lights & probably an air con condenser too.

PS - Biggie, what was that car before you redesigned it?

Comment

Working...
                            X