Stop/start re starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a fault or normal operation?
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

I see that as normal with the car using the depressed clutch as a single to then decide on the stop start aspect. Basically the car is thinking you have come to a new stop light each time you have pressed the clutch so it then has to decide if it can stop the car and for how long depending on a whole bunch of stuff.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. As my good friend said with want you are doing is forcing the S&S ECU to reset it's self.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Ok, thanks all for info.Just thought there might be something amiss with S.S.
          So if say engine restarts due to one of parameters not being met,once that parameter is now met it still will not stop engine unless i move off and stop again, or depress clutch.Just seems strange especially if stuck in traffic jam

Comment

Remember, that there is a limited amount of time that the stop start will operate, I think of it like a rechargeable battery, once the charge is gone you need to recharge it for it to operate again.
            sigpic

Comment

Today whilst stationary for a fair time engine stopped due stop start function ,engine restarted for about 30 secs as parameters weren't being met then after a short time without moving or clutch depressed engine stopped and remained stopped until i pressed clutch to move off.This was the case when first had car but recently once restarted by stop start never stopped engine until i moved off again.

Comment

Working...
              X