Schedule service FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule service FAIL

Just took the car in for its 3rd service and brake fluid replacement. The guy on the phone never mentioned i was exceeding my mileage limit and thus not valid for my free brake fluid replacement (which I thought was a full service based on the dealer selling me a 3 service plan???)

Anyway the guy at the service desk broke the bad news that I needed to spent £75 on the brake fluid and £450 on the 3rd service! This seems extortionate.

Anyway I kicked up a fuss that I already paid for the fluid and managed to get a helping hand on the price. Down a considerable chunk. Anyone else had something like this happen?

No not so far, is yours a leaseplan type arrangement Ben ? I have the 3 year service pack with my car but I took out a loan for it.
    sigpic

Comment

Bought outright

Comment

wow £75 for a £10 can of brake fluid and less than an hours work!

Comment

£75 for brake fluid replacement?!!!!

What are they putting in there? Unicorn's urine?

Comment

Like I say I'm taking a servicing course soon...

Can someone shed some light on what's involved in the 3rd service?

Comment

Well I've got the service and fluid done for £243. Any good?

Comment

So how did you exceed the agreed mileage ? I thought the service intervals were mileage or time dependent ?
                sigpic

Comment

i was just about to say the same thing
                  have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Well it's at 35000 miles not the 37500. Totally misunderstood as I expected todo it when the car told me to.

Comment

Maybe should retitled this thread as its more my mistake but total unexpected cost and the discount was decent.

Comment

my dealer did tell me that the car had to be within 1000 miles of a service before citroen would do it under my servive plan
                        have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Originally posted by the guardian View Post
                          my dealer did tell me that the car had to be within 1000 miles of a service before citroen would do it under my servive plan
                          Yep the joys of small print. Learned my lesson now. Trying to cut down on mileage I think. It's not just the fuel it's the maintance

Comment

Working...
                          X