Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon Headlights

Hi Guys,

Been looking to convert to xenon headlights and had a reply back from an email I sent to check out if it could be done. I am worried about the warranty on the car if I do. Whats do you think?

A girl at work has just ordered a DS3 white from the same dealer after I put her intouch with him - thats 4 cars in 4 months - I must be on his christmas list by now.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes it is possible to upgrade DS3 from Halogen to Xenon. Suitable kit is H7R:

http://www.convert2xenon.co.uk/17-h7r-kits

Marc if you ever get this done let me know as I would love to do it.

regarding invalidating the warranty, that might be a question for Feet as he may know more of the ins and outs.

Feet let us know please

Comment

Will do sim. Need to check warranty first

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
        A girl at work has just ordered a DS3 white from the same dealer after I put her intouch with him - thats 4 cars in 4 months - I must be on his christmas list by now.
        When I got mine, the dealer gave me some tokens that earn me £50 for every new purchaser that I refer to them. Sounds like Citroen owe you more than just a Christmas card!

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
          When I got mine, the dealer gave me some tokens that earn me £50 for every new purchaser that I refer to them. Sounds like Citroen owe you more than just a Christmas card!
          Same here, better than a card any day :-)

Comment

Having switched from an X3 to a DS3, somewhat of a culture shock, still adjusting if I'm honest, I find a number of things I'm finding difficult to deal with and one of them is that I no longer have the Bi -xenon headlights i had in the beamer, so any feedback on if poss to fit to DS3 during warranty period?. I was dricing home through some country lanes the other day and couldn't see too well, guess I've taken a lot of things for granted......on the plus side i've got 57 mpg fr the last 200 miles, still feeling a bit like I've made a mistake.

Comment

If you go ahead and replace the headlights with Xenon units then the warranty would be invalid I'm afraid. Citroen are cracking down on this sort of thing during the 3 yearl warranty period and even putting down new guidelines regarding goodwill.

My advice would be to go to your dealer and speak with the service manager there, ask him if he would still be willing to provide warranty cover for other parts of the car if you do the converison.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Before fitting Xenon hdi units it might be worth reading this guide .. http://reviews.ebay.com/Xenon-headli...00000008856492

Comment

ok, guys, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I got regular bulbs but with Xenon look, 6000K , they work fine for me
                    As parking lights I also used them but as H1 and a little bluer 'cause I like it that way .

Comment

Where did you get those bulbs? I am dying for a set of Xenons but i am not willing to sacrifice my warranty for brighter lights. Yours look perfect though. If you could let me know where you got them that would be greatthat would be great. Thanks.

Comment

I fitted HID bulbs to mine last week and to be honest with you they wont be coming off. I work for Citroen dealer so i have no worries with warranty. But its such an easy job to take them off if you are worried before going to the dealer, it would only take you 5 minutes to remove everything and put normal H7s in.

Comment

Originally posted by stephentaylor77 View Post
                          Where did you get those bulbs? I am dying for a set of Xenons but i am not willing to sacrifice my warranty for brighter lights. Yours look perfect though. If you could let me know where you got them that would be greatthat would be great. Thanks.
                          Have a look at the Demon Tweeks website. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                          X