Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name and Shame!

I was furious today.
    Some background first - bought the DS3 just over a month ago and traded in my C4 Picasso VTR+.
    It had one payment left to make on it and Barclays of Warrington took the money off me to pay it off to Citroen.
    Came home to find a threatening letter from Citroen saying it hadn't been paid!!!
    They are threatening me with extra charges and a bad credit record.
    Impressed - not. Some choice words to the dealer.

Jimbob

Jim, I dealt with the same dealer. Who are you speaking to? Naomi?

When you're next in, ask to speak to Steve. He's the sales manager; I'm sure he'll be able to sort the situation out!
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Willco Dangerous.
      Not impressed with them. I have asked for an apology in writing.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
        They are threatening me with extra charges and a bad credit record.
        No laughing matter, this.

A dodgy credit record follows you around like a bad smell ... it is seriously bad news, and can be difficult to correct once a negative report has been placed on your record.

I'd want Barclays' wotsits on a plate for this.

Comment

Don't trust Barclays one bit! I had a horrendous situtation with them involving my old C4. To cut a long story short, the car had so many problems, that eventually Barclays agreed (in writing) to buy it back off me. On the day I took the car in to exchange for my cheque, the dealer manager, a Mr Baldwin at the time, thought it was a game.

Firstly he hid so nobody could find him, then he got his staff to try every trick in the book to get out of buying the car back, such things like...oh, we can't find a spare key (there was one there), oh, it hasn't got Michelin tyres fitted to it as per the originals....blah, blah, blah.

Eventually I had a shouting match with him in his office, and at one point he sat back and laughed at me. The final result was me walking out with a cheque for £300 less than their written offer, and the whole thing took nearly two hours. With hindsight, I should've taken the cheque, then accidentally keyed the C4 on my way out.
          By the way, Citroen UK were useless throughout and had absolutely no influence over the dealer.

So....don't trust them, push them all the way and get everything in writing.

Comment

This sounds like a bunder by the dealership, I take you that you gave the dealer the final payment to make on your behalf or were they taking out of the PX?

The problem here is that the person who holds the finance, ie you, is responsible but I know how grief it causes when a dealer agrees to clear and forgets. Phone CFS and explain whats happened to avoid any more 'funny' letters and speak with the dealership and ask them to sort it out. Pronto!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I bought my C2 from Barclays Warrington, after care was shocking in that place. Final straw was when i wanted the steering wheel replaced under warranty (a problem we had had before with a previous c2) they just delayed the whole thing, each time we phoned up to book it in they would come up with some stupid excuse knowing full well the warranty was running out within the next couple of months. My uncle used to work for Citroen UK, some of the stories i have heard are shocking.
              • Citroen C2 Design • Mini One • Citroen C2 Furio • Peugeot 307 Sport • Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ • Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic Sport • Honda CR-V 2.0 I-VTEC

Comment

Hi Emily and welcome - what part of Cheshire you from?

The end to the sorry saga - I got a second threatening letter in the same post as a letter from Barclays with a photocopy of a cheque they had sent to Citroen. No apology just the usual "the first one must have got lost in the post."
                I have checked with Citroen who fully acknowledge the situation and have not recorded a late or missed payment on their records now the cheque has been received.

Comment

pssssttttt......Look lads another gorgeous gal in our web!

Comment

Hey I live in Widnes, from Liverpool originally though. I'm an admin on C2club, been a member on here for a while, just cpme on every now and again to admire the DS3s.

Thats good, at least you don't have a bad mark against your name. I'd still demand an apology from Barclays though.
                    • Citroen C2 Design • Mini One • Citroen C2 Furio • Peugeot 307 Sport • Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ • Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic Sport • Honda CR-V 2.0 I-VTEC

Comment

Thats good, at least you don't have a bad mark against your name. I'd still demand an apology from Barclays though.[/QUOTE]

Life's too short to wait for an apology! They just lose my trade!
                      Welcome to the dark side of DS3 from the C2 brigade then.

Jimbob

Comment

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out Jimbob
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Glad to hear you got it all sorted out Jimbob
                          Cheers Biggy

Comment

Working...
                          X