Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your 1 fault you found with your ds3 that bugs you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your 1 fault you found with your ds3 that bugs you!

Mine is when the windows are half or all the way down the thudding ie helicopter noise you get when driving is horrendous . I think it's because there is no vent or opening of the rear side windows so the wind just bounces off the rear window :-(

So what bugs you about your ds3 no matter how freaking cool they are

Mine is that the radio only stays on for a little while when the engine's not running. I spend a fair bit of time sat in the car passing away the time at auctions in between lots. I get a cuppa & a sandwich and like to sit in the car listening to Radio5 - only for it to go off after a little while. My last car - new Ford Fiesta - meant you could switch the radio on for an hour each time before it cut out. Would have been great if Citroen had the same system. Other than that, I love it to bits.

Comment

Your right ....the window thing is very annoying. Mine will have to be the fact its in the garage having the engine stripped down :-(

Oh ..... and the water that collects itself in the wing mirrors when you clean it and it keeps dripping down the door panels.

One last thing lol (I actually love my car....honest) no cup holder .....done
      ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
      ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
      ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
      ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Yep thats another good one
        ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
        ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
        ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
        ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

It broke? That's mine.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I love the car hands down but I have to say the fact the DSport mats aren't particularly special annoyed me. I thought there would be some form of branded and/or colour coded special mats.

I also have to say although the radio system is fantastic I wish it had a bit more as standard. Orange small display seems a bit lacking compared to the adverts you see for the other similar cars with their touch screen all colour.

But the car rocks really so can't complain :-)

Comment

Hesitation. Almost always around 2500-3000rpm I suddenly loose power for a sec or so.
              Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
              ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
              sigpic

Comment

Things are just difficult because the car is French, all I'm saying.

Comment

the interior light is crap ha but the rest i love to bits!!!
                  Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                    Mine is when the windows are half or all the way down the thudding ie helicopter noise you get when driving is horrendous . I think it's because there is no vent or opening of the rear side windows so the wind just bounces off the rear window :-(

So what bugs you about your ds3 no matter how freaking cool they are
                    have you tried wind deflectors that seems to work on mine
                    Ds3 Dstyle + white with black top!! all new headlight bulbs, 100w main beam bulbs, SMD sidelights, custom rocker cover, lego dust caps, lime green calipers front and back, colour coded badges, tailored floor matts, citroen wind deflectors, carbon front splitter, carbon side skirts, carbon rear diffuser!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                      Hesitation. Almost always around 2500-3000rpm I suddenly loose power for a sec or so.
                      :confused: Even after the rebuild Ragna ?
                      sigpic

Comment

That the DS3 is made by Citroen and Citroens aftercare and customer service skills are non-existent. Absolutely shocking.

I required a touch up paint stick and had the misfortune recently to go into the dealership in Stockport. Went to the parts dept which was a desk in the showroom with a doorbell on it. As nobody was at the desk, I pressed said bell as instructed to by the accompanying signage.

After 8 minutes of waiting, I was starting to wander around the showroom when I felt somebody behind me who when I looked around was just staring at me. Scruffy is not enough of a word to describe this individual. Late 40's. Long greasy, greying hair in a ponytail, a face as lined as Alan Sugars, a shirt that looked like he had been sleeping in it and leather bracelet/bangles on his left wrist. I was just about to ask this tramp what the f@@k he was staring at when I saw that he had a Citroen name badge and this was Paul from the parts dept who I initially thought was a mute due to him not saying anything. An apology would have been the best first thing to say to a customer for the delay.

Anyway niceties over, down to business of ordering my touch up stick. He asked what I wanted and I told him a red touch up paint stick giving him the paint code KKN. After many jabs at the keyboard by Paul, he muttered something that I deduced to be their computer systems were running slow that day. He asked for my VRN which when I told him he again muttered something which I again had to deduce. This time it was "is that a 2 coloured car". I replied that it was and it was red and black.

More jabs at the keyboard continued, sweat is now starting to form between the lines on Pauls face and another 5 minutes later, a muttering from his mouth stated they had none in stock and would I like one ordering in. Yes please. More minutes worth of keyboard jabbing resulted in a picture appearing on the monitor showing a black touch up pen. I said to Paul that I don't want black and I wanted a red one. He then didn't mutter but quite loudly said "when I asked you before the colour of the stick you wanted you said red and black"

He's getting my back up now and I told him it was a confirmation of the car colour from his earlier question, the knob. If I hadn't have needed the paint for that forthcoming weekend I would have been up and out of there.

42 minutes after I walked in, I was told the price was £7.00 which I handed over. Couple of minutes later was informed that he had forgotten the VAT and it was now £8.40. Handed over more money and was told a text would be sent in a couple of days when it arrives. I couldn't wait to re-live this experience again with Paul the Pleb.

2 days later got my text and went to the doorbell on the desk in the middle of the showroom. Pressed it and waited and waited and waited and waited. Even asked the guy who was wiping the dust off all the showroom cars if he knew if anybody was available. "I don't know, I only work here" WHAT!!!!!!!! you only work there and can't tell me if anybody else works there. I am now looking for the small handed joker they call Beadle as this is becoming a wind up until I realise he is no longer alive. Alas I see a sight for sore eyes. I see Paul the tramp stood next to 'that' desk wondering who dared to ring the doorbell 20 minutes ago.

"It's me Paul, don't you remember our first meet a couple of days ago?????" I thought in my head.

Appears he doesn't. Muttered something again which sounded like "what do you want" but I may be mistaken. Told him I have got my text and would like to pick up my paint so I could get the hell outta there. He went through the staff only parts door that must lead to the staff bunkbeds/rest area and returned 11 minutes later with my paint stick.

An overall very unpleasant experience which could have been simply avoided by having friendlier staff and by said staff being a bit cleaner and quicker. Not going back there every again now. That is the third different dealership in my area that I have now experienced extremely poor customer service from and the third I won't go back to.

Everyone says "Oh it's Citroen, poor customer service is the norm" well it shouldn't be the norm, it is disgusting the way a PAYING customer or potential customer is treated by Citroen staff. They should have a look at Toyota and take a leaf out of their book.
                        Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 23-07-2013, 06:37.
                        Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                        Take a pride in your ride
                        @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

That's terrible Andy, luckily I seem to have lucked into a great dealer with Tates in Crawley, everyone I have met from the owner (I think), through the salesmen, parts dept, service dept etc have been helpful, courteous and clean !!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                            That's terrible Andy, luckily I seem to have lucked into a great dealer with Tates in Crawley, everyone I have met from the owner (I think), through the salesmen, parts dept, service dept etc have been helpful, courteous and clean !!!
                            It made me feel Chris that I was being a nuisance for daring to set foot in the place. Well done with Tates. I am quickly running out of dealerships around here
                            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                            Take a pride in your ride
                            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I want a heated front windscreen!!!!!

JB

Comment

Working...
                              X