Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy Car Insurance

Hi All,

I know there is a few people on here that either work for citroen and/or know about thier policies, im in a bit of a pickle as ive just picked up a courtesy car driven it to work, then wondered weather im even insured or not, i just assumed that i will be insured as the garage just gave me the keys and off i set, but after a bit of research on the net ive seen alot of places saying that i may have to arrange my own insurance :S:S, if anyone could confirm this, it would be a great help

Thanks, Pete

Whenever I get a loan car from my dealer they tell me that I need to get insurance cover, but I guess each dealer has different cover

Comment

mite have to give me insurer a call and swap the car over then swap it back once im finished with it

Comment

What car have they loaned you?

Comment

On the two occasions recently I have had a courtesy car - I just picked the keys up and drove off.

Comment

I just rang them and they said that apparently i was meant to be informed that i should arrange my own insurance, and that they are "truly" sorry that i was not told, however now i have to pay to change my insurance and then pay to change it back whenever i get my car back, ill be pissed if its this afternoon will be about £30-40 in admin fees if i had known i would have just borrowed my mums car... and sparkle its an extremly slow new C3 but its extremly comfy ride, and got a full panoramic windscreen

Comment

I Had 1 Yesterday And Same Situation... Just Handed Me The Keys + I Drove Off...

Im Guessing Your Insured, I Know They Wouldn't Have Let Me Drive Off Without Me Being Covered As When I Was Picking Up My Car They Needed Proof Of A New Insurance Certificate Before They Let Me Pick It Up...

Probably Some Sort Of Customer Insurance ?

* Just Seen Your New Post lol

Ah I Had The Same, Awful Car In Terms Of Performance :L
              Last edited by ZACK; 02-12-2010, 11:36.

Comment

yeh doesnt perform well and i didnt know it has no ESP either which didnt help in the snow lol, really liking the comfort though

Comment

Originally posted by bolehaps View Post
                  and sparkle its an extremly slow new C3 but its extremly comfy ride, and got a full panoramic windscreen
                  I was lucky then, firstly had a C3 but it was really nippy and a DS3 Sport which I had whilst my chrome pack was done.

Comment

Possibly Sparkle gets preferential treatment at "her" dealer

Comment

Our place we provide the cover for the coursty cars as they come under the same policy as the demos and used vehicles.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                        Possibly Sparkle gets preferential treatment at "her" dealer
                        I sure do!!!!!!

Comment

I get charged £10 per day or time period if it's a courtesy car when mines in for a service and this covers insurance.

Jimbob

Comment

each dealership would have there own rules regarding insurance but if they didnt tell me anything regarding insurance I wouldnt be happy... As a rule we use all customers must be told what our company excess is as we insure the cars for the customers.

Comment

I think the lesson to be learned is if you pick up a coursty car from your dealer is to check the insurance BEFORE you drive. If I'm right the responisbility for the insurance is the drivers in the eyes of the law.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X