DS3 DSport gear change....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 DSport gear change....

This may already have been addressed in previous threads so my apologies if it has. I took a DSport out for a test drive the other day. It had only covered about 3k mileage but the gear change was shocking. It felt like I was stirring the proverbial porridge - is this a known issue or do you think it was a one-off?

Cheers

My Dsport is OK the gearchange is a little notchy especially when cold but is certainly positive

Comment

Hi Bob, I don't recognise that description either. Mine is positive & the gate is well-defined - the only criticisms I have are that it can be a little notchy into 3rd on a quick change, and the throw is a bit too big for my liking, which can impede very quick downshifts.

Comment

OK guys, thanks for the info - reassures me to a degree....

Comment

Was it a diesel?

Comment

The worst car for a gear change I ever drove was a Vauxhall vectra!
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
              The worst car for a gear change I ever drove was a Vauxhall vectra!
              The worst I've ever driven was an Austin Maxi - possibly the worst gear change ever made.

Comment

I agree with the other posters here, my DSport has a good gearchange, notchy and perhaps a little long in the throw but much better than some out there! When my car went in for some warranty work I was given a C2 (boggo) and the gearchange was much longer, when I got back into the DS3 I nearly pulled the lever off changing from 1st to 2nd as i was used to the much shorter and sloppier throw in the C2.
                Having said that the best gearchange was in my previous car, a 140k beem 316i, fantastic short throw and very slick! Shame everything else was a bit tired...
                '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                'We do what we must, because we can.'
                Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

I got the 110HDi and the Gear change is as smooth as a babies bottom.

Although at -5 during the snow, I struggled to put 1st in but after it warmed up it was as good as new

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                    Was it a diesel?
                    yes a 110HDi

Comment

The hdi's run off different gear boxes than the thp. I had a 5 speed hdi C4. It felt good when new but noticeably was getting more sloppy as it got older. The old 5 speed gear boxes they use are not the best. 6 speed box is great in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                        The worst I've ever driven was an Austin Maxi - possibly the worst gear change ever made.
                        x 2 !! Most of you on here are fortunate never to have had to drive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
                          6 speed box is great in my opinion.
                          I agree Gareth. That extra gear does make a difference

Comment

I second that Sim. My only gripe with the 6 speed is that when cold the box is a bit notchy. However based on the other posts this appears to be the norm. I test drove a 5 speed DS and was not impressed by the gear change. Didn't stop me from buying my THP though.

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                              I second that Sim. My only gripe with the 6 speed is that when cold the box is a bit notchy. However based on the other posts this appears to be the norm. I test drove a 5 speed DS and was not impressed by the gear change. Didn't stop me from buying my THP though.
                              SAME AS ME! I based my decision on a Dstyle. I was driving around in it 2 weeks before launch getting lots of looks. SOLD! lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X