No announcement yet.

THP 155 Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I normally come on from the M60 and turn off towards Woodford, so the new part is out of my usual direction, I'l give it a look-see though as when time permits.
    Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
    CEO smartphonegurus.com
    Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
    Cars:
    Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

Esp!!!

Ive got the THP 155 and i defo notice a difference when turning the ESP off .... there is a noticable increase in SHIFT!!!!
      ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
      ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
      ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
      ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
        Hello fellow East Anglian! I'll look out for you round Naarch - what colour?
        Shark Grey with blue roof.... Seen one in my colour scheme in Norwich and one on the way up to Sheffield. I'm hoping that when the lease runs out on this Citroen do a proper facelift and I may be tempted to buy again if it has an improved info dash!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
          Hi,

I had exactly the same experience as you - I drove Diesels for years - in fact I had about 4 Audi A4s and on occasion the dealer gave me a pokey petrol one whilst my A4 was serviced. I said to a colleague 'this is slower than my diesel' - went out for a drive and he said 'you're driving it all wrong, chaning up way too early' - followed his advice and 'wow' what a kick from the petrol engine.

Many years or so later after maybe 10 more Diesels including 4 Seat Leons, the last one being a 170BHP one, the DS3 DSport Plus seemed like a slow coach the day I got her. Once I realised 'stop changing up so early you wazzok', I started flooring it and I now appreciate that 7.3 secs 0-60 - a second or so quicker than my Leon FR was. Might I try the 115 BHP diesel? Yea, I might cos I love trying different cars - but I guarantee it is just down to you getting used to petrol and where the torque is in the rev range - simple advice, floor it!

Regards,
          Clive.
          I've taken the car for a spin this morning up north Norfolk and sure enough if I shift less and rev more it drives far better. I'm just having to re learn to drive it turns out! Turning ESP off has also made a slight difference but mostly its because I was driving it like a diesel....wally.

Comment

Right then, it's day three and I love the car, thoughts so far:
            -Pedals squeeeek, don't remember my hdi pedals doing this.
            -love the metallic paint work, really shines in the sun.
            -leather seats are really comfortable, very supportive.
            -great that I can stream music over Bluetooth, Hifi system is quite good for a standard sound system.
            -accelerates well (now that I know how to drive it), good fuel economy considering pace.
            -steering is a little on the light side.

Really impressed so far :cool:

Comment

Glad your enjoying the car Norfolk not far from me about an hour.
              Last edited by ds3r; 16-08-2013, 20:59.
              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

My pedals don't squeak- steering is light
                Gets lighter faster you go
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Managed to use the gears this morning on the trip to visit my Mum and yes using the revs does make a heck of a lot of difference with the acceleration. I kept running out of road or reaching speed limits ... fun!
                  Daron Brewood

DS3 Sport Plus - 'Yellow Hawk'
                  CEO smartphonegurus.com
                  Phone: HTC One, Nokia Lumia 920 / 925
                  Cars:
                  Mark II Cortina > Hillman Avenger > Datsun 120Y > Morris Ital > BL Maestro > Hyundai coupé > Rover 25 > MG ZR > Peugeot 307CC > 207 > 207CC > Citroen DS3 Sport+

Comment

THP 155 Acceleration

I still feel my DS3 doesn't have as fast a feel as my old Octavia vRS diesel did but some of that may just be because the power delivery feels different. I also get a squeak from my brake pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneeks View Post
                      I still feel my DS3 doesn't have as fast a feel as my old Octavia vRS diesel did but some of that may just be because the power delivery feels different. I also get a squeak from my brake pedal.
                      If your that concerned, stick it on a rolling road to get the figures?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Sneeks View Post
                        Think the feel will be more torque than acceleration. Vrs (170bhp) 0-60 is about 8-8.1secs. The DS3 155 is 7.1-7.3

Torque from the DS3 will be much lower but its 350-400kg lighter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Working...
                        X