1st Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Service

Dropped the DS off this morning at Citroen Birmingham after having agreed a price matched quote of £191. When I handed the keys over the guy is asking who agreed to do it, why they were price matching, who were they competing against. Its quite simple, you quoted me £249, I told you I can get it for £191, you agreed to match it, do want my business or not.

It was his initial attitude that pissed me off, it was though i was in the wrong.

Gary

Didn't have free servicing on the last one- have on this one
    Saves over £400 over 3 years

Rise above it, smile sweetly, and pursue the £191 LOL
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Didn't have free servicing on the last one- have on this one
      Saves over £400 over 3 years

Rise above it, smile sweetly, and pursue the £191 LOL
      I've also got free servicing, I didn't realise until I asked Bigfeet if my quote was a good price.

I was also quoted £191 (from Evans Halshaw in Stockport), I called them back and told them I had a service plan and they noted it on the booking.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Citroen bham were useless when I went there...arrogant and said prices were fixed.
        Try Dryden Citroen Rednal...much better! Nice folk and £185 for 1st service on 110 2012 ehdi

Ps hope you walked away! Or got it for £191?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattbrum View Post
          Citroen bham were useless when I went there...arrogant and said prices were fixed.
          Try Dryden Citroen Rednal...much better! Nice folk and £185 for 1st service on 110 2012 ehdi

Ps hope you walked away! Or got it for £191?!?!
          I got it for free, as I had the service plan.

Would have paid it if I hadn't checked though, now I owe Bigfeet a pint, lol.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Matt, I might consider them next time, although wrong side of the city for me. I did get it done for £191, just wonder if they cut corners anywhere to make up for their lost income. He gave me a service plan breakdown after, which put the next 3 services at approx £240 each, I think the look on my face said it all.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenose62 View Post
              Dropped the DS off this morning at Citroen Birmingham after having agreed a price matched quote of £191. When I handed the keys over the guy is asking who agreed to do it, why they were price matching, who were they competing against. Its quite simple, you quoted me £249, I told you I can get it for £191, you agreed to match it, do want my business or not.

It was his initial attitude that pissed me off, it was though i was in the wrong.

Gary
              To be honest with you if they were price matching then you can understand why they were curious to see who they were up against. The other thing regarding who authorised it is also understandable, last thing he wanted was to get into trouble with his boss!

Granted none of us where there but I think you may have grabbed the wrong end of the stick

The thing is if this is the first service then why don't you have a service plan or did you buy a pre-reg/ex demo?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Both my new DS3's came with the service plan, v happy about that
                sigpic

Comment

Mine is ex demo, plus I will probably use my friends garage for servicing and just make sure they use genuine parts, to keep the warranty valid.

Comment

Working...
                  X