Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Tailgate Under Window

Afternoon,

I was look at getting one of the chrome tailgate trim but was wondering how easy they are to fit?

Was wondering if anyone had any experience of fitting one and how easy it would be..??

Many Thanks

Dan
    sigpic

Mine came out of the factory but I'm pretty sure it's just an adhesive strip.

Comment

Was just wondering because you have that gap between the rear window and boot itself where all crap goes...
      sigpic

Comment

I've fitted the chrome trim above the number plate (didn't come as standard on early cars). It was very easy to fit, as it's just held in place by self-adhesive pads, as is all of the chrome trim as far as I know.

If you do decide to fit the tailgate trim, do a few trial fits to make sure that you can locate it accurately before removing the backing strips from the adhesive pads, as once they've stuck ain't no way you're gonna move 'em!

Comment

^ Following on from what DaveB said a good idea is to trial fit and mark off the edges with masking tape so when you come to stick you will have some guidelines to follow.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X