Mystery Letter From Citroen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Letter From Citroen

Perhaps someone more familiar with the strange world that is Citroen can enlighten me?

Received a letter today consisting of a single page listing my car details (which are incorrect) and telling me my Elect 3 Assistance starts on the 29th June 2014.

No other details of what it is or how I claim/use it.

Anyone know what this actually is? (Dealer is closed so can't ring them and they likely wouldn't know anyway).

Thankyou.

Sound's like confirmation of your finance for the car and the date it starts..
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No ...... bought the car on 29th June 2013 and paying finance now.

Says the product starts on 29th June 2014. I didn't purchase anything extra when buying the car.

Comment

Gap insurance / citroen breakdown and accident assistance. They would be my guesses
        "My wheels nuts require more torque than your Corsa makes"

Comment

Gap is through Santander, and effective from purchase date.

I'd hope the accident assistance and breakdown would start from the purchase date NOT one year on. OR without Elect 3 is breakdown and accident assistance only valid for the 1st year from purchase?

Going to email them and ask what it is and how I use if .... If required.

Comment

It may be because you get one year free, then citreon dealers give you another 2 years for free, or for £120.

Comment

Because your finance is through Elect3 you get Citroen Assistance for the term on top of your standard 12 months, this letter is just to confirm that it is place.

Regards to the details, what information is wrong?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Sorry to be dumb but what is Citroen assistance? Is that what they call the warranty?

Was under the impression the manufacturers pay for any warranty work under the warranty period???

They have my car model incorrect on the letter. Have emailed them asking to confirm what the letter means and given correct car details.

1st Citroen ive owned and not familiar with their 'Buzz Words".

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Lol! That's okay

Citroen Assistance is the Breakdown service that Citroen offer with all new cars.

http://www.citroen.co.uk/home/#/owne...eakdown-cover/
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                  X