New exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust

im thinking about putting a new exhaust on the ds3 but im unsure wether to go for a full system or just gave a back box fitted any ideas would be much appreciated.

I guess it depends what you're after ? Looks or performance for e.g. There are a lot of threads on exhausts on the forum, you could also speak to Jamie as ge can supply and fit them
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kibster89 View Post
      im thinking about putting a new exhaust on the ds3 but im unsure wether to go for a full system or just gave a back box fitted any ideas would be much appreciated.
      Depends on how long you intend to keep your car. Wont get much performance on a bigger pipe, its the catalytic converter change that gives the performance
      Change the Cat and you certainly feel the difference
      But a stainless steel exhaust will outlive the car ie- no new exhaust needed now and again
      A back box would be for the sound
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

im looking to keep the car for at least 3-4 years before i look at changing the model i rekon. its more for cosmetic rather thangaining extra performance but i was thinking about having it remapped as well so i spose if this is the case going for a full system would make sense

Comment

So.Many.Threads.On.This.Query

Comment

I replaced the exhaust on my DStyle with one with twin tailpipes from a Dsport, looks much better and gives it a slight growl.

Comment

grrrr

Comment

Yes the DS THP does have a nice rumble.

Comment

Anyone else found the rubber exhaust hangers to be a pain in the a*se? Or just me .....
                  "My wheels nuts require more torque than your Corsa makes"

Comment

Mmmm just you.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Definitely just you

Comment

I nipped into Kwik fit who charged me a fiver to readjust the tension settings on my Non standard exhaust, and they only charged me a fiver (After me promising to buy tyres at a later stage etc etc). It was making a few creaking noises and just needed adjusting. Theyre the experts
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Kwik fit and experts ?? Isn't that an oxymoron ? Maybe it's just my experience of Kwik Fits.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha okay. Confirmed my suspicions
                            "My wheels nuts require more torque than your Corsa makes"

Comment

Have got to say Ive found them courteous and helpful. Visited about 3 different sites over last 6 months
                              Even left positive feedback and got a nice letter from Kwikfit Head Office
                              Theyre sometimes a bit pricier than web sites but are a big organisation, and personally I prefer that if poss

Each to their own
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X