Just bought some rain x and rain x anti fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought some rain x and rain x anti fog

Just spent £20 on rain x and rain x anti fog and 2 micro fibre towels cheers halfords then as I walk out I see the 3 for 2 and the cheaper versions are there :-/ oh well couldn't be arss to take it all back and swap it hope it works anyone else used rain x products ?

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
    Just spent £20 on rain x and rain x anti fog and 2 micro fibre towels cheers halfords then as I walk out I see the 3 for 2 and the cheaper versions are there :-/ oh well couldn't be arss to take it all back and swap it hope it works anyone else used rain x products ?
    Rain x is OK. Halfords are annoying, I went in to buy some stuff and at the till pointed out it was cheaper online, they said that's only for reserve and collect so I handed it back went online on my phone at the till and ordered it for collection, they told me I'd need to wait and hour but when I told them to stuff it I got the cheaper price immediately.

Comment

There French aren't they? Lol

Comment

It's raining lets see this stuff work then

Comment

I used to apply Rain-X but stopped using it after a while as it appeared to make the wipers less effective, I know that you are supposed to use them less with it applied but when the time came in heavy rain the wipers were quite smeary
          sigpic

Comment

Il see how it goes I guess that's the wax build up on the blades

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              I used to apply Rain-X but stopped using it after a while as it appeared to make the wipers less effective, I know that you are supposed to use them less with it applied but when the time came in heavy rain the wipers were quite smeary
              I never used it but from what I understand that is what happens when it is over applied.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Could be cyclone, I thought I followed the instructions but maybe not. I still have a bottle of it so next time I clean either mine or the Corsa I might give it another go. Don't get me wrong, an office I used to work in applied this to the reception windows and it was very effective when it pee'd it down with rain.
                sigpic

Comment

Rained while driving on the way back from work only starts to run off the windows at about 50mph+ :-/
                  Maybe it needs a bit more but definitely works a treat

Comment

A far better option than RainX is GTechnik G5...Far more effective than the smeary RainX and lasts twice as long
                    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Autobrite Repel or Hellshine Ghostrider, won't fog up if applied correctly....demonstrated Ghostrider on Saturday to the latest group of trainees

Regards,
                      Clive.
                      CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                      DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Prices?

Comment

I got some GaurdX from Aidan at partsworld for 99p! Two bottles in there for rain and mist! Not tried yet but can't be bad at that price!
                          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                            Autobrite Repel or Hellshine Ghostrider, won't fog up if applied correctly....demonstrated Ghostrider on Saturday to the latest group of trainees

Regards,
                            Clive.
                            Hellshine Ghostrider I would use it just for the name!
                            Originally posted by cyclone
                            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                            Originally posted by Broda
                            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                              Prices?
                              Hellshine Ghostrider - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...ine+ghostrider

Autobrite Repel - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...repellent.html
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X