Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3's and Babies

Hi All,

So me and the wife are expecting our first child in February and although not the most ideal unfortunately I'll be stuck with the DS3 for another 12 months.
    I'm just after some peoples experiences of how practical a DS3 is with a baby?
    Perla Nera Black w/Black Roof 1.6 e-HDi 115 Airdream DSport Plus

Babies fit into the boot like a treat

Seriously though you can get a child seat into the back using the ISOFIX with little amount effort, the only thing is getting baby in and out of the car will be a little bother because of the three door nature. Best advice would be, if you can, is to have two child seats. One that can live in the DS3 at all times and another which can be used in other cars. Saves a lot of 'faffing'!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Are there a lot of 'little Biggies' running round Scotland mate ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        Are there a lot of 'little Biggies' running round Scotland mate ?
        I hope not!!

Just advice I've been given over the years, you know like putting an old towel down first to protect the seats from wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Seriously though you can get a child seat into the back using the ISOFIX with little amount effort, the only thing is getting baby in and out of the car will be a little bother because of the three door nature. Best advice would be, if you can, is to have two child seats. One that can live in the DS3 at all times and another which can be used in other cars. Saves a lot of 'faffing'!
          I do have children and what he said is true. Found getting her in and out wasn't sooo bad but the seat in out is a real pain. Putting a towel down definitely recommended especially when they get a bigger and start rubbing their little feet on the forward edge of the seat bottom.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Mines due in December!!!! The pram fits in the boot and we have bought 2 car seats the sparco one will stay in the back of the ds3 I'm not very hopeful about all the other bits fitting in as if your 6 ft and want to sit In The back I wish you luck! Still got 2years tic on the car

Comment

Try and upgrade early to a ds4 or another company and see if they can get you out of the contract,

I got out of mine at 18 month for a newer ds3...
              sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
              Third time around.
              Work in Progress

Comment

So I can take my ds3 to a dealer pick a newer or older car at similar price and just carry on with a new finance?

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
                  So I can take my ds3 to a dealer pick a newer or older car at similar price and just carry on with a new finance?
                  No. You will need to settle your finance first with either cash or value from your part exchange.

Comment

Working...
                  X